Prolouge

The bright moon shines through the dense trees, landing on the congregation of strangely shirtless men. The leader stands from his log, the crimson drips of thick blood running down his chest. "What do you mean, 'There's nothing we can do'!?" He asks, a deep growl in his voice.

"They outnumber us by a significant margin! If we fight back, we'll surely--" The man is cut off before he can finish.

"Numbers mean nothing!! These are our woods, and we will fight for them!! Do you hear me!??" The alpha snaps. Spit flies onto the beta's face as an elder shuffles into the conversation. Everyone turns their attention to him, and he begins speaking.

"There is a way to save both our pack and our territory." The elder says. Everyone leans in to hear what the elder has to say. "However, we would need to leave..." The elder stops, weakly lifting his arm to a younger, still shirtless man, whose talking to someone in the back. "...him." He finishes.

The alpha's eyes widen. "NO!!" He yells. "That is my SON! We cannot leave him to die!"

"He is the only one we can sacrifice." The elder insists. "His scent is strong and distracting. He can lead our enemies far away from here."

"He will DIE! He's not experienced!" The alpha pushes.

"We do not know this for sure. It is worth the risk." The elder informs the alpha. The alpha looks at the main beta for assistance.

"To be fair, he is your son. Everyone knows alpha children are exceptional." The beta says. The rest of the pack begin talking as the alpha's injuries begin to throb. He grabs at his chest and growls. "F-Fine! Dammit, if it's what we need to do, then fine! I need to go rest." The alpha says. He points at his best friend and the pack's second in command. "You. I am tasking you to steer my son away from this place."

"But--"

"Do not fail." The alpha growls, with the pain in his voice evident. He walks away, thus ending the gathering. The second in command sits in silence before getting up and walking over to the boy. "Listen close." He says. The boy turns to him. "Your father has given you an important task."

"Oh?" The boy says. "What is it?"

"He.. he needs you to fetch him something, as fast as you possibly can. N-No pun intended." The alpha's friend says. "So run east," He points eastward, "and run. Like. Hell. He wants to test your speed. So impress him, alright?" The friend asks. A smirk comes across the boy's face and he nods.

"No problem!" The boy says. He turns around and begins running, before jumping and turning into his wolf form. He runs away as the second in command hears loud, fast footsteps. The enemy wolves chase after the boy, and there is now nothing the second in command can do to save him.

The second in command follows the alpha's scent, and finds him having his injuries being treated. The alpha catches the sorrow in his friend's eye and asks "Is it done?". The second in command reluctantly nods, and he sees his the despair spread across his friend's face.

"It is done."