𝐑𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐮𝐫𝐚𝐧𝐜𝐞 [𝐤𝐚𝐢, 𝐞𝐱𝐨]

kai x fem¡reader

• lol, I thought the header was pretty fitting hehe

~~~

The autumn sun takes it's time to rise, before it peeks in through your thin bedroom curtains; the warm, yet far too bright sensation hits your closed eyelids, forcing you to turn and snuggle closely into his warm chest.

His skin is smooth, one of the many things you always admired about him. Despite still being fast asleep, a hand comes up to wrap around your head, pulling you deeper into his bare torso, humming slightly in delight when he feels you lips place a soft kiss to his chest.

Neither of you wanted to get up just yet, as it was finally a day where Kai could stay home all day and not think about work. He's been crazy busy these past few months, not to mention barely ever home and even though you've always been a very independent woman, you weren't afraid to admit how much you missed your comfort person.

You and Kai met by chance – he had a brand deal which required a photoshoot, and you just so happened to be the photographer for that specific shoot. The shoot was only supposed to take about four hours, but it dragged as Kai couldn't stop talking to you and asking you questions about yourself. At first it was annoying because of how much you desired to answer without hesitation, and you had no idea why you agreed to dinner that same night.

Nevertheless, you went – and you've never regretted it since.

A low growl sounds through the otherwise quiet room, and both your and Kai hold back a laugh. "Was that your stomach or mine ?" he snickers, making you peer up at him.

His beauty always seemed to render you speechless; he was a priceless painting created by the God's himself, and he was all yours for the keeping.

"Or," Kai suddenly wiggles down until his head was in line with your stomach, and he lifts your tank top to expose your skin. "was it yours little one, mhm ?"

You couldn't help the giddy smile that pulled at your lips when he places a flurry of kisses to your stomach. This was the reason Kai ordered his schedule to be cleared for the next few weeks – he wanted to prepare for fatherhood, and spend as much time as possible with you and your baby. He also admitted he was very intrigued to see how your stomach expands overtime, and it oddly fascinated him that there's a person now growing inside you.

"What would you like to eat, mhm ?"

You threaded your fingers through his soft locks, smiling. "Seungwoo-oppa said he'll bring around something."

Kai's eyes immediately brightened up at you, smiling like a child as he wraps you in his arms and places his head against your stomach. He, just like everyone else in your family (including you of course), is a sucker for your brothers cooking.

Once breakfast was dropped off, Kai and your brother chatted about their schedules and how Seungwoo's military service went, while you washed up in the bathroom. When your brother bidded you both a goodbye, you began to dish, whilst Kai prepared some coffee (decaf for you of course).

"One caffeinated drink for daddy, and one decaf for mommy." you laugh as Kai places your drinks down, before taking a seat next to you at to dining table.

Ever since you told him about the pregnancy he's had this new glow to him, and of course a smile that nothing could wipe off his face. Seeing him this happy, made you happy and less nervous.

"You're really excited for this, aren't you ?"

Kai swallows his food, before smiling brightly and taking your hands in his. "I've never been this excited in my whole life, y/n. I'll admit, i was a little nervous at first, but then I remembered something,"

You tilted your head at him. "What's that ?"

"You," he smiled. "I remembered that I'm with you. You, Han Y/n, who's the source of all my strengths and happiness. I know i said this already, but I want you to remember that I'm here with you, every step of the way. It's going to get hard, and there'll be times when I can't physically be here, but I can promise you that I will do my utmost best to support you in every way possible. I love you so much y/n."

You could feel the tears coming, and you instantly chuckle and shake your head. "Are you seriously trying to make me cry right now Kim Jongin !"

He laughs, the sounding making your heart leap, and he pulls you into his lap to embrace you tightly. With your forehead to his, he places a hand to the back of your neck to kiss you deeply.

"We should start brainstorming names. When's your first appointment again ?"

"Tomorrow afternoon." you answer as you continue to eat, still seated in Kai's lap as he decides to not let you go.

"Is your brother going to come ?" I nod, and Kai does the same. A sudden look of shock takes over his features, and he looks at you with wide-eyes. "Babe... what if it's twins ?"

You gulp, before tugging on his earlobe. "Quiet Kim Jongin-ssi."