AUTHOR'S NOTE

Hello people!!! Welcome to my 2nd wattpad book - Love's Gambit.

If you have read the first book—Tenacityyou will know who Melissa Crawford is. I won't say much, but that this book can be read as a stand-alone. But reading the other one might clear things up a bit as to who she is.

Synopsis
Melissa Crawford, still nursing the wounds from her ex-boyfriend's abandonment for a more refined partner, embarks on a journey to Madrid to secure a venue for her upcoming fashion show. Disappointment greets her as her offer is rejected, leaving her feeling adrift and lonely.

Desperate for companionship, she seeks solace in a dimly lit bar, drowning her frustrations in the embrace of intoxicating spirits. Unexpectedly, her ex-boyfriend of eight years reappears, offering himself as the antidote to her solitude.

The night comes to a close, and everything seems to settle back into its usual rhythm—until he unexpectedly reappears years later. But this time, he brings something more profound than mere longing. Against his better judgment, he steps out of the shadows, risking it all as he presents an offer that Melissa finds nearly impossible to turn down.

However, it comes with a catch—he needs her not only for himself but also to fill the maternal void in his young child's life.

As the bonds of love and responsibility intertwine, Melissa faces increasing pressure from his formidable family. The dilemma looms large: to stay and navigate the treacherous waters of love and ambition or to depart, leaving behind the flames of their rekindled passion.

Disclaimer
All characters, places and events used in this book are (used) completely fictitious(ly). Any resemblance to actual persons or events is purely coincidental.

Copyright
This book is my work, and as a result, no part of this publication should be reproduced in any way or form without prior permission from the author, except in the case of brief quotations in reviews and other noncommercial uses permitted by copyrights law.

Acknowledgements

To SackelySackey for helping me choose covers, for her constant moral support, her frankness,  

To a certain friend who—despite making it look like he I'm too troublesome for his heart—encouraged me to keep doing what I like,

To a friend who hates reading (I don't know what to say to that because though she gave me ideas, she has never read any of my books... Or any other novel for that matter),

To my classmates who encouraged me to share my books instead of keeping them to myself, (Blake_smith7 Dian_tors and all the other ones who are not on wattpad yet, it meant the world to me to have such supportive mates),

And finally, to all of you amazing readers who took time to read my first book and gave me your honest thoughts on it, 

Thank you!

Phew!

Okay I'm done blabbering. Enjoy!! ❤️