Chapter 10

King's POV

'It's all my fault'. That thought repeats itself like an ever-present echo, murmuring the truth that I know but don't want to hear, 'it's all my fault'. I amble around the house like a lost ghost, in search of Tyro. I hear scribbling in a nearby room and gravitate towards the familiar sound. Tyro's eyes are dead whilst he scrawls done incomprehensible nonsense that only he could ever understand. I place my hand on his shoulder but quickly retract when his tries to grab mine. "Sorry, reflex" he mumbles. "Ok, so I figured it out. If we try and contact the team it would take approximately 34 hours for them to track us and find us, when they find us, things will most likely get messy, especially for Besloe. We need to carefully time when we contact them so we can be prepared for them and possibly for Perfide" Tyro rambles, I can barely keep up, but I understand the gist of it. Whilst I agree with his plan, I think we should contact the team now, Perfide is very unpredictable and since Besloe is here it's more likely that they get us first before our team can. "We should contact the team now" I stated firmly. "No that's ludicrous we don't have any plans in place or a strategy. I refuse to die because of your impulsiveness" Tyro rebuttals, "Perfide are too unpredictable, we can't just wait around a plan we have be impulsive and improvise for the most part besides you said it would take 34 hours, that's more than enough time to plan" I spat back, " Have you ever made plans and executed them in literally a day, not forgetting that we have Besloe to take care off before our team arrive, jumping into it isn't smart Kingide, trust me" Tyro replied, his already dark eyes turning as black as a black hole waiting to suck me in and tear me apart. Too bad I don't feel fear. "Your plan will get us killed by Perfide!" I bellowed, "Well at least then we wouldn't have died ridiculous death which is what you are telling us to do. The sooner we alert our team, the sooner Besloe alerts Perfide, I'm just trying to plan methods to combat that outcome because no matter what we do. Perfide will reach us first!" Tyro menaced. We fought for ages, back and forth, both making valid points yet both not wanting to compromise. For people so smart, we can be dumb sometimes.

I heard footsteps moving away from the door and put my hand over Tyro's mouth. "Ty, we have a problem" I muttered. He looked confused until he put 2 and 2 together. Besloe had heard us. From 2 options we finally had reached one. We had to call our team now, because Besloe has surely alerted Perfide already and they are coming for us, and we are very ill prepared. Damn, Tyro's point actually makes a lot of sense. "Yo genius boy, what now? We don't have any weapons, if Perfide really are coming for us then we are as good as sitting ducks in the scope of a hunter" I exclaimed, his jaw was ticking so he must've been thinking about something really hard. "Go to the forest and get 2 long sticks, 3 short sticks and a sharp stone. I have an idea" Tyro commanded before striding off somewhere in the house. I followed blindly and arrived in the garden where he was waiting with a variety of objects. "Just like back on island" I laughed out as I remembered the trap we set back on the island, which feels like months ago now. We had laid a ton of traps but my favourite one was the campfire trap.

When the people that were trying to kill us came most of them would've died in the house due to our numerous traps but if any of them had gone round the back, they would've been drawn to the campfire which we left burning with objects inside. Curiosity would envelop then but as soon as they got too close as series of trap would go off. Spears impaling them, sticky fluid trapping them as the fire would spread by the fluid and burn them, objects coming flying at them, etc. It was a beautiful trap but back then we actually had proper supplies now all we have are sticks and rocks. "This trap doesn't need to kill all of them. Just one is enough. They would move cautiously through the house and garden since they will suspect there is more. Whilst they are doing that, we take Bes– wait where is Besloe?" Tyro said, I looked around. Shit. I ran into the house and shouted his name. No. No. No.

Shit. "We really are bad host."