Chapter 5 - The Specific Smell

TYRONE POV

Going down the stairs I started to smell her scent again but I ignored it while my wolf is getting gaga over it.

'Did you smell that?' Owen popped in my head.

'No.' I lied but in all honesty I did.

It is a touch of strawberry and honey a very addicting smell. I wanna take back what I said earlier but the image of my Uncle invaded my mind. I can't let myself to be like him so I pushed the thought aside.

'How can you not smell it?' I can tell he is confused.

'I don't know Owen maybe it's just your imagination.' I made an alibi. 

'Can you please focus and try to follow it before its gone.' He speaks in rush.

'We can't just knock on somebody's room are you crazy?!' I retorted.

'But that's our mate I'm sure she's excited for us.' He insisted.

'Our parents are expecting us and we need to go now.' I ignored his whining.

'Tyrone we've been waiting for her for so long and I know you also wanna meet her.' His tone is like pleading.

'I'll give you a deal if I smell her like you do we will find her.' I convinced him.

'Fine.' He huffed and went silent again.

I managed to fool him but it won't last until he finds our mate. I made my decision that whoever she is I will reject her. Being an Alpha's son I need to be strong and I don't need a mate to prove it.

"What took you so long?" Mom displeased expression.

"Sorry Mom I forgot my phone so I went back to my room." I lied again.

"Never lie to me Tyrone Alec we will discuss this later." Mom caught me.

"Honey, will you come with me for a while? I need to talk to you about something." Dad approached my Mom.

I left them and walked to the assembly hall where the pack members gathered. Some of them are familiar to me that and only few different faces. I started catching up with them they were glad to see I'm back for good.

"Tyrone, hey man! How are you?" One of my good friends greeted me.

"Hey Warren long time! I'm good thanks how about yourself?" I do a man bro hugged.

"Same old same man! Oh by the way this Marcel." Warren introduced us.

"Nice to meet you forgive me for meddling but are you from this pack?" I extend my hand otherwise.

"I'm actually one of the teenagers your parents helped five years ago. I can't claim I am but you can categorize me partly." Marcel shook hands with me.

"Of course! My parents told me about you guys it's nice to finally meet you. I hope the pack is treating you right." I stare at Warren suspiciously.

"Your parents are so nice and welcoming same with the pack. We can't find a thing to complain about." Marcel assured me.

We talked and laughed some more until Mom mindlinked me to get on to my seat. I bid goodbye and marched towards my parents table.

"Good evening Elders and pack members tonight we will formally introduce my son Tyrone as your new Alpha." Dad stood up to the platform.