Chapter 3 - The Best Friend

DIANA POV

We are now at the assembly hall and everyone is busy moving from one place to another. We were still standing by the entrée when Luna Axelia called us.

"Marcel, Diana! I'm glad you're here now!" She exclaimed breathlessly.

"Why there are many tables scattered around? Aren't we supposed to have a small gathering?" I recalled Alpha's words earlier.

"Last minute changes because tonight we will have important announcement to make." She smiled excitedly.

"Oh okay what can we do to help?" Marcel offered.

"Thank God! Can you please hang the black curtains to that side while I and Diana prepare the foods?" She pointed the entrée.

"Sure." Marcel nodded and left.

We proceed to the kitchen and started cooking since we are all werewolves we have big appetite. I bet this night is a huge celebration because all Luna's specialties will be served. Thank Moon Goddess for our werewolf abilities we don't get easily exhausted like human does. We can work for 12 hours which is equivalent to 8 hours to humans.

"Thank you for doing this Diana I really appreciate it." Luna put on her apron.

"It's our pleasure Axelia this is nothing compared to what you have done to us. You're like our second parents especially to Minerva so thank you so much for being good to us." I held her hands.

"Your parents are very good friends of us even before the pack began. So whether you like it or not you, Marcel and Minerva are part of our family." Luna touched my face.

"I just wish we could've have done something back then maybe they will still be alive." My eyes are forming tears again.

"You and your siblings did the right thing Diana. If you didn't run that night then you wouldn't be here today." She lifted my chin.

The oven timer dinged and our moment was turned to fit of laughter. If anyone can see us they might think we are crazy.

"I'll take it out I'm sure we don't want a burnt cake for the party." I grabbed the mittens on the counter.

"Yeah we have few hours left before Tyrone arrives." She agreed.

Both of us work in synchronize she decorated the cake while I chops veggies. Five hours later we are done and the foods are set on the buffet table.

"The party will start in an hour you should call Marcel and get ready too. I will request someone to bath and dress Minerva." She hanged the apron.

It's like Marcel heard us because we saw him walking towards us.

"Hi sis! Axelia! The foods smell delicious and really nice presentation." He complimented us.

"Thank you dear anyway Diana wear the white dress I bought you will look great on it and you Marcel take a shower you smell terrible." She ordered us like a Mom should.

"Should I regret agreeing on her dress?" Marcel grumbles under breath.

"Marcel I don't want to hear any complain from you got it?" Luna sharp stares on him.

All Marcel and I could do is nod and follow her. Minerva is being taken care of at Alpha and Luna's floor where she sleeps sometimes. Axelia and Marco didn't mind it in fact they are smitten with her the night we arrived and want her to stay with them.

Eversince my nightmares began and Minerva's constant crying at night Marcel decided that we all shared the same room.

'I promised Mom and Dad I'll take care both of you.' Marcel heard me.