Chapter 6 - The Bite Ritual

DIANA POV

My best friend loves to talk a lot so most of the times I listen to her endless stories or gossips. It's actually fun to watch her lips and hands move in synchronize. Her chatter personality helps me laugh and zoned out just like right now.  She only stop when Alpha Marco started his speech all of a sudden a voice invaded my thoughts.

'Mate.' The first time I heard my wolf speak.

'Are you my wolf?' I was unsure.

'Yes and please call me Artemis.' She confirmed.

'Nice to finally have you in my brain Artemis.' I giggled.

'Me too now let's find our mate.' Her reaction is the same.

'We can't do that now because we are in the middle of ceremony. Are you sure it was him?' I partly doubted her.

'Yes because his wolf sensed us can't you smell his scent?' She gets questioned me.

I sniffed the air and suddenly I'm drowned with the scent of citrus mixed with vanilla.

'I smell it now!' I blushed profusely.

'He is around here somewhere just concentrate on his scent.' Artemis encouraged me.

I take a gander and found whom it belongs to the Alpha's son. He is wearing a maroon suit and black polo inside with the two buttons undone showing a glimpse of his chest. I couldn't help but checked him out.

'He is so hot!' My wolf stirred happily.

'Sure does.' I know she's jumping in joy.

'What's got you so excited?' Marcel invaded my thoughts.

Marcel put his arm around me and I almost hear my mate's growl. That's given since he is my mate and male werewolves are very territorial. Maybe because he thought Marcel is my boyfriend like others do. I'll just cleared it up later when we're alone for now I'll let him wonder.

'Nothing bro.' I hide my emotions this time.

'Tyrone is our mate! Tell your brother.' My inner wolf echoed again.

'Marcel will kill me you know how protective he is.' I countered.

'I'm your other half of course I know that but we need to be with our mate.' Artemis whined.

'Not yet we need to wait until the ceremony is done.' I clarified.

'Fine let's get this over with and find him after.' She agreed.

'Yup.' I excitedly told her.

We listened and watched the ceremony until it was time to entertain questions. When the mate issue was addressed I was a little disappointed that he didn't even react.

"Diana you're spacing out again." Marcel nudged me.

"What? Why? I mean yes." I unrelatedly react.

"Marco wants my presence on the stage." My brother unlinked his arm to mine.

"Go on I'll be here." I pushed him a bit

"Stay where I can see you." He demanded.

"Okay good luck." I did the thumbs up.

As Marcel making his way on the platform I can see my mate's horrid face. It's like he was on the verge of shifting but holding up.

"Most of you already know Marcel under my ruling and he is still packless together with his siblings but not anymore. Today, he will be joining us since he is already 18 and we have a new Alpha. We will officially initiate the rituals for mind linking." Marco announced.