Over The Night Like Sky

"Henry, tell mother I'm heading out to the lake again," I tossed over my skates over my shoulder and headed out.  

 It has been over eleven months with out Jackson and the summer never got warmer nor the snow in the winter has gotten colder. He was always there. He was like a guardian!  It was December again and my birthday is in two or three weeks but with my chance my dad will make it hell. I greet everyone that's in the town. But when I'm out of sight, I ran. Ran with out a care. My feet hitting the cold grass. Feeling the leaves crunch under them. I smile at the sort. I finally get to the edge of the lake. This cold breeze hits my back and makes my brownish-red hair flip over my face. I giggle. 

Jackson. 

I brush it behind my ear and slowly walk over on the middle of the ice. I slip on my skates and I wait. 

"Jackson, come out," I whisper. 

 This time I felt him. He's ghost. Like he knew when and where to come out. His arms wrapped around my torso sending chills up my spine. But he doesn't remember me for who I am though. He knows me by that girl that comes by the lake. He doesn't remember I guess all the tales were true. That once you're dead you don't remember... But I say that's poppy cock and he has to believe some where down there. Thing is that I couldn't see him. Kids above the age of fourteen stop believing. But I bring faith for that the guardians could still exist making my father go bonkers and that they will protect the children. They also tell me they see Jackson walking around blow snowflakes and snowbals at people. I'd laugh and make up stories about him. Just like the tale of Peter Pan. That lost boy who never grew up. I'd pair them together as boys who don't ever grow up and they'll sit watching the kids as they sit on the moon. They love it and I think they do too.

   "Oh Jackson," I say as the wind picks up as it picks me up. The sunsets as Jackson and I dance with the snowflakes falling. I can feel him kissing my cheek, him holding me close to his chest, as he puts his feet under mine and he leads us to dance. I giggle. Now the moon as arisen and we stop.  Wow, it's so beautiful, I thought. He had set me down, laying on the ice. I never felt cold, even on the coldest days because he kept me warm. I would usually fall asleep by the time it's time for me to go. I don't ever remember walking home though. He must fly me home and tuck me in at night. 

This has happened for the past several months. 

I've also had this dream repeating. Me dying and becoming light and faith. I don't know why, but I think it could be Man on the Moon telling me something.  But who knows maybe Jack and I can be together without all the complications.