Chapter 7

"Repeat after me, one, two, three—"

"We're not doing this." Aether blinked as he woke up and saw Miko staring down at him. He stopped her from what she was gonna say as he noticed Ei was staring down at him as well... He also noticed that he found his head resting softly on a squishy surface. He realized he was on Miko's lap. "What is happening?"

"Oh my~ Someone woke up grouchy." Miko smiled down at Aether.

"Where's Paimon?" Aether noticed that Paimon wasn't around from what he can tell. He tried to lift himself but found it difficult. If anything, his body spasms causing him to simply lay there. He can hardly see Miko as her chest was in the way. "I can't move my muscles." He then noticed an aroma in the air that caused him to sniff around, his stomach growled out loud at the smell which didn't go unnoticed.

"It seems like I was right in having a meal be prepared~" Miko softly placed her hand over the Traveler's head and rubbed it.

"What are you doing?" Ei found herself pouting as she looked at Miko's antics.

"Come now, I'm only rewarding the Traveler for all his hard work. You deserve it don't you?" Miko asked Aether as she continued to rub his head.

"Mm... I've done so much." Aether lazily replied as he enjoyed the feeling. Miko placed her other hand over her mouth and stifled a laugh.

"So honest and bold. My, I think I can just eat you up right now~"

"... Yes please..."

"Mm! Oh my~ You're very bold!" Miko found herself surprised at Aether's straightforwardness. "I... really... must... control myself." She said.

"..." Ei grabbed Aether and pulled him away from Miko and placed him in her lap instead. "That's enough!"

"..." Aether found himself smiling. "I think I wouldn't mind staying here for eternity..." He was simply too comfortable.

"......." Ei blushed at his words but nevertheless smiled. "I can arrange that..." She looked down at Aether and placed her hand on Aether's head and rubbed it.

"Mm..."

"So much for hypocrisy~" Miko looked at Ei with a smug stare.

"Lady Miko, we're finished."

"Ah! Lovely! Thank you, Maki." Miko thanked the Shrine Maiden as the scent of food came their way. Aether shot up at the smell much to Ei's disappointment.

"Fried Tofu and Kushikatsu." Aether blurted as he saw the food. His eyes sparkled but he frowned. "Where's Paimon?" He looked around again repeatedly.

"She's currently... away for the current moment." Miko grabbed Aether by his shoulder and had him face her. "If you wish to eat, then you must let us feed you."

"Feed... me?" Aether tilted his head in confusion at the condition he must agree to. "Why?"

"Given that you'll be heading off. I wish to have you enjoy our last few moments until we meet again~" Miko smiled as she grabbed some fried tofu with her chopsticks. "Another condition, if you are truly hungry, you must beg—"

"Please. Please. Please."

"No shame whatsoever..." Inagami Hotomi, a shrine maiden, laughed.

"..." Miko felt her heart flutter at his voice. His gaze is so innocent and desperate for food that he pleaded to her. Ah... any more and she really won't be able to control herself.

"..." Ei looking at the interaction couldn't help but feel jealous. She went ahead and grabbed some Kushikatsu and puts it close up to Aether. "You don't have to plead, but I will like it if you did."