Chapter 10

Thirty minutes of dancing and singing later, I went up to Cassian. He had sat on the sidelines, sipping his drink and chatting with someone from the Inner Circle.

"Hi," I said, completely out of breath and sounding like a f***ing donkey.

"Hi." Cassian chuckled. I think he doesn't understand what affect he has on me. At all.

Before I revealed our tiny secret and snogged him, right then and there, I did what I came to do (not the first thing I wanted to do), "Wanna dance, αγάπη μου?"

I swore Cassian's breath hitched. He grinned, "Sure."

I grabbed his arm and pulled him onto the dance floor, forcing him to leave his drink behind and join the throng of people.

We danced and span, Cassian apologising to those who we bumped into. We screamed and giggled as we stepped on each others feet and tripped. We didn't realise how close we were.

His breath fanned across my lips, a millimetre away, his eyes locked onto mine. We stopped dancing. His hands were on my hips, while mine tangled within his hair. He pressed his lips against me, I was butter in his fingers. Our lips moulded together perfectly. I felt like I could do anything with the sheer amount of adrenaline.

Little did they know, the members of the Inner Circle were watching them.

Rhys grinned and squealed in delight, almost spilling his drink. Azriel smiled and felt happy that his brother had found love. Mor jumped up and down, pointing at them and screaming 'That's my best friend!'. They didn't know which one was her best friend but they could tell she was happy for both of them.

Everything was great and full of joy until Rhys' face dropped.

"Feyre." He whispered.

All of them noticed his mood suddenly change and went over to ask if he was alright.

"Feyre needs me." Rhys said.

Calix shoved his shoulder and offered his advice, "Go then! Go save your mate!"

Rhys winnowed away half way through his sentence. The others all walked home after that.

"So. . . You and Calix, huh?" Azriel asked.

Cassian stuttered, "Um, I-I mean ye-yeah, I guess?"

Azriel slung an arm around Cassian's shoulder, "I'm happy for you."

"Mor, that man has no idea what I would do for him." I confessed.

"Tell me everything!" She exclaimed.

"First, he knows how to kiss, Mother, he knows how to kiss. Second his f***ing laugh! His voice, his eyes, literally everything about him is amazing. I would literally die for him. He has so much power over me and he doesn't even realise it. And he's really f***ing cute. And that's not even the beginning!"

I spent the rest of the journey home ranting to Mor about how much I loved Cassian.

When they got home, the worry hit them. They were worried for Rhys. They were worried for Feyre. For both of them.

I sent a message to Rhys, asking if I could see Feyre. He accepted and his writing seemed to be rushed.

Mor winnowed me to them.

The first thing I saw was a girl throwing her shoes at Rhys.

"What the f*** is going on in here?"