Chapter 4

Calix didn't want to admit it but he was slightly worried about the General. He knew  he had no right to be,he knew how ridiculous this was but nether the less, he was worried.

Maybe it was the fact that he left without saying goodbye. Or that Calix didn't know why he missed him so much.

Today was Calix's day off. His only one. He didn't feel that good today, emotionally, physically or mentally.

I stood in front of the mirror, desperately hoping to see a normal f***ing body. But no. Of course, there had to be scars. There had to be all those little reminders that I am not a boy. I never would be.

Why couldn't I just carry on with my life instead of feeling like I wanted to throw myself off a bloody cliff.

I didn't pass well. At all. I was too skinny, my hips curved too much, my face was too feminine, everything about me screamed wrong.

Just great, now I was f***ing crying. I didn't even have a reason to cry. Stop crying. You have nothing to cry about, people have it worse, shut up.

Be normal. You're okay. You're overreacting. It's the hormones.

You're fine.

A few hours later and I was nothing but a pile of blankets, occasionally sneezing or coughing or groaning in pain.

There was a knock at the door.

"What the f*** do you want?"

Mother, I sounded like a bloody two year old. Stupid blocked nose.

I swear I heard someone laugh through the door.

"Can I come in?"

It was Cassian. He was back.

I rushed to open the door because somehow I knew that he would sit outside for the whole night if I didn't.

I pulled open the door and right there, on the steps of my house, the General of Night grinned at me.

Behind him, there was a male draped in shadow and a grinning blonde female.

"What do I owe the pleasure?"

"Why hello there, Calix!"

"What the f***? Did you inject f***ing lightning into your veins or what?"

The blonde laughed, the shadow male hid a smile and Cassian grinned.

"Sorry to disappoint, could I maybe stay with you?"

"Who are you're friends? And yeah, sure."

"Oh this-" he pulls the blonde to him "Is Morrigan. And he is Azriel."

"Lovely, now hurry up and get inside before your face falls off because I'm not going to help you."

Cassian simply smiled and stepped inside, beckoning his friends inside.

"I'm gonna give you a cold, by the way. Feel free to do whatever, as long as it's not f***ing, there is a child somewhere here."

I went into my room, landed face-first on the pillows and crawled back under the blankets.

Cassian followed.

"You're sick?"

"No, I'm turning into my true form, a blanket. Of course, I'm sick!"

Cassian frowned. He leaned down and pressed his hand to my forehead.

"How the f*** are you so warm? Unfair much."

Cassian ignored him, "You've got a fever. Wait there."

"Where else am I gonna go?"

Cassian rushed out the room and soon returned with food.

"You're my favourite person ever, right now!"

Cassian blushed.

Hold the f***ing phone. Cassian, the General of the Night Court, one of the most feared and brutal warriors, just blushed.

Oh this was gonna be fun.

Before Cassian had the chance to walk out the room, I called out. Something I would thank all my lucky stars for in the future.

"Stay with me, αγάπη μου."

And how could Cassian resist.