Chapter 22: The decision pt.1

"I can't believe you did this, Cuphead! Why can't you boys listen to your old, Elder Kettle?! I try to keep you two out of trouble and now look!" Elder Kettle paced around. "I don't want you giving yourself up to him! In order to stop this demon... We need to make a deal with him and-" Elder Kettle didn't know how to put it. "I have always protected you two and I have always cared for you both since you were sippy cups. I will offer myself up to him."

Everyone gasped and Ms. Ginger came up to him, taking his hands. "Elder Kettle, you mustn't do that. He will only trick you and continue his quest to get Cuphead and (Y/N)'s souls. No matter what, he will stop at nothing to achieve his goal."

"Mugman and I always get out of situations like this! We aren't gonna give up hope!" Cuphead tapped his head with his finger, trying to think of an idea.

"Cuphead, I don't think he will be happy if we refuse," you said with a sigh. "I- I am going to go down there and make a deal with him. Our friend and your brother are locked up and we need to save them. They don't deserve to be in this mess! Not even the Isles! We need to do the right thing before it's too late."

"Please, be careful, Cuphead and (Y/N)." Ginger put her hands on both of your shoulders and knelt down a bit. "The Underworld has many dangers. (Y/N), I know what you are thinking and I disapprove of your decision. We are all going to miss you dearly if you choose it."

"But in return, this world may be safe and Cuphead will be okay. I just want everyone to be safe. I'm sorry if I make this decision..." The elevator appeared and a tall, shadowy figure walked out of it. He was wearing a purple bow tie and a purple suit. "Who are you?"

"The name is King Dice and I am here to escort you and that cup fella to my boss. Are you two ready?" King Dice backed up as Elder Kettle pointed his cane at him.

"You aren't taking my boys down in that infernal nightmare! Now SCRAM!" He shouted.

"Kettle!!" You shouted. "I'm ready to go. Don't worry about me." You walked up to King Dice and looked back at Cuphead. "Cuphead, we have to go. We need to set things right."

"NO! Don't do this!" Elder Kettle and Minty protested.

"You two are making my job a lot easier." King Dice went back into the elevator as you went with him. Cuphead gulped, rubbing his arm and sighed in shame. He walked in as well. "Next stop, to the boss!" King Dice pulled the lever and the elevator burst into flames, taking you all down to the underground.

//I know... This was a short chapter but I am going to hopefully finish it on either a good or bad note. Hey, not every story gets a happy ending. But again, we will see. Honestly though, I feel as though I am losing a little interest in this. Maybe it is because of the projects that I have built up in my mind and I really want to get them written and done.//