Chapter 5: The Meetup Pt.2

//Okay, so the first song in chapter 2 was made by me with no original song inspiration stuff there. In this chapter, we will have "I Miss You" from Tom and Jerry: The Movie but I decided to change the lyrics like I always do with songs depending if it fits the story. This- this song actually made me cry. Sad moments and wholesome moments get to me.//

"Cuphead, Mugman," Elder Kettle called them. He was fixing his bow tie. "I gotta admit, the fancy tux and the aroma of this cologne sure is a doozy. I hope it isn't too much for Ginger."
"Oh banana oil," Cuphead threw his hand in the air like it was no big deal. "I think Ginger would go out with ya no matter what you wear!"
"Cuphead is right, Elder Kettle," Mugman added, taking the spit shine bottle and handing it to him. "Try not to overdo it with this stuff. Remember last time?"
Elder Kettle took the bottle, pouring a little more on the top of his head. "Don't worry, boys. I hate to waste this stuff. Dang nabbit! I gotta hit the stores tomorrow for more."

"Do you think I look pretty with all of this makeup on?" Ginger asked. "What if the eyelashes are too long, the eyeshadow, the lip stick-"

You could tell that Ginger was nervous about her first date with Elder Kettle. "Ginger, Ginger, stop worrying so much. Elder Kettle will go out with you no matter how much makeup you have on or none. I just wanted you to look very nice for him." You opened the fence for her.

"You are all suited up and ready. Ginger could be here any minute I think?" Mugman thought about it. You, Cuphead, and Mugman established the date plan but not at what time.
Cuphead brought Elder Kettle the bouquet of flowers. "Don't forget about these! She would love them- GINGER!" Cuphead bulldozes through Elder Kettle as Mugman did the same, making Kettle spin around, petals everywhere. Cuphead and Mugman were excited to see her. Opening the door, they came up to her and you.
"Ginger, you look all dolled up! Elder Kettle is going to love ya!" Said Mugman.

Ginger blushed and giggled. "I am flattered by all of the support that (Y/N) and you boys have given to Elder Kettle and I. I really do appreciate it. Now where is that handsome silver man?"

Elder Kettle rubbed his head after the fall the boys gave to him. He picked up the messy flowers which looked like they were trampled on badly and most of the petals were torn. He heard Ginger calling him while he hurried to the door. He yanked his tie with his finger, sweating in anticipation. He finally revealed himself to her. "H-h-hello, Ginger, dear. My, you look wonderful."

"Elder Kettle, you look like a man who could steal a woman's heart~" Ginger flirted, walking up to him.

"I do? I mean I do, yeah and it looks like I captured your heart, darling. That flower on your cheek makes you blossom with so much passion." He showed her the flowers which made her gasp. "These are for you- sorry if they don't look so good, ehehe, we had an accident with them." He felt ashamed that the flowers weren't the best after that incident.

Ginger took them regardless that they were damaged. "Elder Kettle, they look so nice." She sniffed them and took his hand. "So where do we go this evening?" She batted her eyelashes.

"I was thinking that we could go out to dinner and maybe head somewhere that we could relax under the moonlight." Elder Kettle guided Ginger to the fence door.

"That is a splendid idea!" She looked back at you, waving.

"See you boys around and STAY OUT of trouble. (Y/N), would you-"

"Watch them? Elder Kettle, Ginger, don't worry your lids over them." You put your hands on their shoulders. "I will take them to get pizza and get them to bed." The boys nodded happily.

"(Y/N), is very helpful, Kettle, dear. Let's enjoy our night while we still can." Elder Kettle and Ginger finally left, leaving you with Cuphead and Mugman.