Chapter 3: You croaked it

You finally arrived in town, walking down the streets which were very busy. The roads were filled with vehicles and the sidewalks had people walking around and chatting. You were by the stores that you needed to head to. You headed inside, grabbing a basket and getting the food. Ginger's list wasn't too big. "Bread, cookies, rice, cans of corn, carrots, and peas," you read. "I better not forget the duct tape for Cups and Mugs. I just know that tire is Elder Kettle's lucky one. Boys will be boys as he says." You headed to the back of the shelves, grabbing the cans. The next shelf, you grabbed the cookie box and then the shelf on the other side, bread and rice. Lastly, in the front of the store, there was the last duct tape on the mini shelves. You took that and placed it in the basket. "This was too easy. All I gotta do is pay and move onto the next store." Checking out your items with the cashier, you went outside and saw your friend- "Mystic? Mystic!" You waved at her.

Mystic was wearing a pink dress with a white bow behind her. Her skin was white as snow and her blonde hair covered the left side of her face while her green eye on her right was the only eye you could see. She was bringing in a big bag of soil. She turned around and saw you. She waved, smiling. "(Y/N)! Oh, it is nice to see you! I just saw Ginger passing by a while ago." Mystic was grunting at the weight of the bag. "Are you here to buy some flowers?"

"Actually yeah, I was going to buy 2 roses, 2 tulips, and 2 lilies."

"Oh those are very good choices! Just in luck, too, because I have just grown new ones."

You noticed that she needed help. You were heading on over to help her when you were shoved off by two big frogs. "Hey! Watch it!"

"You were in our way!" Ribby hollarded. "If anything, we couldn't help but to assist this lovely gal with the weight burdening her. Do you need help?"

Mystic gave hmph, "If you want to help, you should apologize."

"Apologize?! But we were only walking! That girl was in the way. We thought you were about to collapse with that bag of soil in your arms."
"Are you sayin' it's my fault!" Croaks shouted, ready to punch his brother.
"So what if I am?!" Ribby responded before they punched each other repeatedly.

You ran up to Mystic, "Uh, confused? What is happening?" You whispered in her ear.

"Ribby and Croaks from time to time would help me when there is something heavy I am trying to lift. I helped them paint their new club so in return, they want to help me with anything that I need. Hold on a minute." Mystic cleared her throat. "ENOUGH!"

Ribby and Croaks stopped. They felt bad that Mystic had to raise her voice. "No need to worry, sweetheart, we were just trying to uh, flex our arms before we could lift that bag up for ya!" Ribby fibbed.

"Hmmm, I don't like it when you boys do that! If you continue fighting, I will just ask (Y/N) to help me."

"Now, now, no need to get her hands all dirty. We will assist like true gentlemen should do for a lovely lady like you." Ribby bumped Croaks, having him agree with him.
Croaks nodded, "Yeah, yeah, come on, brother. Let us carry all of this." The frog brothers picked up the bags of soil and carried them inside her flower shop.

"Wow, you have been a little more authoritative than last time we met," you giggled.

Mystic brushed her bangs off her side of her face. "You did tell me to try to stand up for myself. Aw, I remember when we were just kids, you always had to stick by my side. I wanted to do things on my own but I just didn't know how to start but thanks to you, I have grown. No more standing around and watching people be bullied or hearing conflict when things can be resolved-" Glass shattered inside the flower shop which made you and Mystic jump. You two headed inside immediately as Mystic gasped at her broken flower pots. "What happened?"