Chapter 5

My apologies that it took me so long to update:) BloodyKanou 🌝 is my main judge, my friend will probably laugh at my ass for this 🤎:D

~

<Y/n POV>

The Druun are here. The Druun came at the people with full speed ready to devour them while splitting into múltiples. A guy tried to stab the Druun away but it was no use. It ran right through them turning them to stone, not a sign of life left.

People ran while screaming trying to get far away from the Druun. One by one, people turn to stone with their hands cupped. 'This is all my fault, if I thought more smarter I would've not bring Namri here. Ha! Me as a guardian of the dragon gem, and a warrior? Please I couldn't even protect my people" thinking about all the mistakes I've made, it was interrupted by someone's hand on my shoulder.

It was Ray "hey I know what you are thinking, but right now we have to leave and help Ba" Ray said pulling me up. I stopped thinking about what happened and helped Uncle up.

The Druun came straight at us with hungry eyes ( do they have eyes?) we couldn't run away from it with Uncle with a arrow in his thigh.

At that point I thought we were finished, but weight was lifted of my shoulders. Uncle stumbled down and grabbing a piece of the dragon gem, he stand in-front of us. Showing the gem at the Druun and threatening it, the Druun shrieked in fear.

A warrior from Spine shouts out "There's still magic in them!"

"Get the pieces!"

"No!."

Everyone started to surround us ready to steal the gem pieces, like a game where you try to grab the ball.

People pushed us out of the way to collect the gem pieces, one by one the piece were taken. Each land took a gem piece.

"Come on!" I grabbed Ray's Collar shaking him to focus, Ray nodded his head that he is with me getting up and running to Uncle to seeing him struggle to stand up.

Uncle couldn't stand much longer holding all his strength loosen "Ba! Come on, we have to go!" Ray caught Uncle just intime before he hit the ground.

Ray was on Uncles right while I was on is left, Uncles arms wrapped around our shoulders trying to escape the temple.

We began speed walking, almost on our way out the Druun came at up and growled. But it was stopped by touching water.

"They're repelled by water." Uncle discovered.

"Hurry! Get to the river!."

<>

Outside of heart I can hear people screaming and cry, running for their lives.

We are almost on our way to the river until Uncle stumbled, we are now in the middle of the bridge.

"Ba, get up! Come on!" Ray cried.

"Please! We have to leave for our safety!" I begged him.

I grabbed Uncles waist trying to pick him up, Ray joined but was not enough to keep moving "Please, we have to keep moving. Get up!" Ray pleaded.

"Uncle?" I called out to him but he just stared out at the people screaming, running away for dear life.

I gasped seeing from afar the Druun are conning at us within seconds. I shocked Uncle "Uncle! Please we are going to get caught if we don't run now!" I begged trying to pull him the end of the bridge.

"Ba! We don't have time!" Ray also dragged Uncle.

But Uncle didn't move, only staring back at the people turning into stone by the Drunn, multiplying.

"Stand up! We'll help-" Ray was cut off by Uncle.

"Raya, Y/n, you have to listen." He had a hand on each of our shoulders, he continued "you both are the Guardian of the Dragon Gem."

"Ba, why are you saying this?"

"There's still light in this. There's still hope."

Ray and I pushed his arm away "No! We can still make it together." "We have to make it" "you're okay" I cried

"Ray, Y/n, Don't give up on them." Uncle said laying a kiss on Ray and mines forehead.

"I love you both, my dewdrops." Uncle said

"Ba?" Ray questioned

"Uncle? What are you-" I was cut off by Uncle picking me up and throwing off the bridge like a bag of trash in the garbage.

I was to stunned to be able to process what's going on, I was in the air falling down into the water, staring up at the two. My family. Once I hit the water my mind was blank.

<Ray's POV>

"Ba! Why did you that to Y/n?!" I yelled at Ba.

Tears streaming down my cheek because not only  of probably not going to escape and Y/n my- family and best friend, was thrown by Ba.

"Listen Ray, you don't have much time take the gem protect it at all cost." He stared at me with hope. He continued "and our precious Y/n" he winked at me.

In return I blushed 'was it that obvious' I looked away from embarrassment.

I shook my head and stayed focused "Ba, we can still make it! Please" multiple tears dripped down my face.

"I love both of you"

And that's the last words I heard, he picked me up and threw me off the bridge like he did to Y/n "No!"

I started up at Ba only to see him getting caught by the Drunn, turning into stone. My heart shattered, Ba, Y/n I've failed. And with that I landed in the water.

I stopped calling for Ba to turn back but then realized that Y/n also was in the river! "Y/n! Y/n!" I yelled out to Y/n wanting to hear her yell back.

I looked around to see any sign of Y/n, I was going to give up until I heard coughing. I quickly turn to see a drowning Y/n.

I swam to Y/n "Y/n!" I burst into tears holding her tight and swimming to shore, I lay Y/n down onto the soft sand.

I checked her heart rate, she will live! She started coughing up water, her eyes started to open "Ray?" She whispered to me "yes, it's me" I sobbed "Im sorry" she said "No it's mine I trusted the enemy" with that she passed out.

"I promise I will protect you and find Sisu." I promise, and determined to keep that promise.

<>

Thank you for waiting for an update:D
And for reading, see you next chapter lovelies ( ˘ ³˘)