Chapter six

Niall watched as Louis' green cat ran across his bedroom floor, chasing a fly or something. He was lying spread across the bed, flicking through a magazine. The cat, whose name was Nutella, hopped up on him, and looked at him.

"What? Do I have horn or some shit like that?" Nutella just stared at him, eyes wide and dark. Niall stared wide-eyed back.

"Looks like you're having a mental conversation or so, what's she tellin' you?" Louis said, standing in the doorframe with his arms crossed. He smirked as he saw Niall expression, shaking his head.

"She's nuts, she's been all over the place then suddenly she's there on my chest staring at me!" Louis sat down on the floor, legs crossed. Niall looked at him, the whole room upside down.

"Pineapples, coconuts, pineapples, coconuts," Louis suddenly started singing with a weird voice, swinging his arms in the air, over his head.

"On my head, on my back." Niall looked weirdly at him, Nutella joining in with the weird looks.

"Don't look at me like I'm the weird one, I'm not the one talking to green cats!" Louis waved his arms dramatically around, making his green cat and blonde friend stare weirdly at him again.

Louis sighed and got up, humming happily on a song. Niall heard him singing loudly as he walked downstairs. He shook is head and looked at the cat again.

"What's up?" He said, nodding his head shortly. Nutella just looked at him with big eyes, before yawning right in his face.

"So how is it being green?" He asked, picking up the magazine again.

"I've never tried it before, perhaps I should." He was doing his stuff, while the cat did its. "I've tried being pink though." He said to it, chuckling at the memory.

"I KNEW YOU TALKED TO MY CAT!!!" Niall's head shot in Louis' direction, blue meeting blue. Niall just smiled and shrugged, stroking the cat.

"And I knew you were weird," Louis pointed out, walking off again.

**********

"NIALL QUICK! THE CAR IS ON FIRE!!!!" Louis shouted. Niall hurried downstairs, only to be pushed towards the door by Louis. Louis pushed him out of the door, slammed the door shut and next he heard a clicking noise. Louis had locked the door. The car wasn't on fire, either.

He saw Louis come running downstairs with Nutella in his arms. He waved the cat in the window, pulling weird faces and pointing at him. Niall stared wide-eyed at him, eyebrows furrowed. Louis stuck his tongue out, the cat now on the level with the kitchen counter.

Suddenly he lifted it slowly up, doing the Darth Vader thingy. Where Niall stood, it looked like he was doing the sound effects too.

**

Soon Louis was done playing with him, and finally let him in again. When Niall sat down in the couch with him, he was reading a magazine.