Chapter three

Next day Niall woke up with a killer headache. He had definitely not been drinking last night; he had been practising on his guitar. Louis had taken care of the school stuff, as Niall kind of had no idea what he needed or anything.

Niall swung his legs over the edge of the bed; for once he actually slept in his own room. He was still wondering why there was an extra bedroom in Louis’ house, but he had decided it probably was best to not ask, as Louis hadn’t told him. He walked over to his closet, finding black skinny jeans, a white t-shirt and white Supras. He was quite happy with his look, and headed to the bathroom. Styling his hair in a quiff, Louis came in, hair sticking out everywhere.

Louis muttered a morning, sleepiness still laying over him. Like I said, he wasn’t a morning person. Niall was shooed to the next room when Louis said he was taking a shower. Niall hurried out after Louis’ order, and was left outside, puzzled.

Louis seemed annoyed, maybe he was sleepy still, or maybe he had something on his mind. In fact, Louis seemed angry. Angry, like if something was pissing him off. But Niall decided it would be better to just ask him, instead of thinking so hard about it.

*

Niall had eaten breakfast already, when Louis came down. He still looked tired, but he looked better.

“Hi, Lou. Is something up? You seem like there’s something wrong.” Niall stopped putting books in his schoolbag, and looked at Louis.

Louis just shrugged, and sat down by the table. “Nah, I’m just tired.” Niall cocked an eyebrow, but left it. “Okay,” he mumbled, giving his books the attention again.

Louis noticed this, and it annoyed him. Why it annoyed him, he didn’t know. There was just something about that Niall seemed to know there was something wrong, and wouldn’t dare to ask more about. In fact, something was wrong, Louis was angry.

You see; he had met Harry yesterday and they had talked about Niall. Louis told Harry about how much he adored Niall, and his curly-haired friend had just nodded and mumbled something like ‘yeah that’s great Lou’. Obviously Harry hadn’t been listening; in fact it seemed more like he ignored it. It had seemed like it annoyed Harry, like he was jealous.

Harry was straight, Louis was completely sure about that. But why his best friend had shouted at him, and told him he was a fag, Louis didn’t understand. And when Harry had hit him, he sure as hell didn’t understand. Harry had thrown such horrible words to Louis that day; he had thrown that shit an openly gay male would get in the hallways at school.

Therefore, Louis had been up all night, trying to figure out what’s wrong. He was angry as hell, how could his own best friend betray him like that? Harry’s such a dick, he doesn’t understand anything, and he just follows the stream. He’s a-

“LOUIS FOR FUCK’S SAKE!!!!” Niall shouted, waving his hand rapidly in front of him. Louis snapped out of his thoughts, staring confused at Niall.

“Louis, the clock is 8.13am, we have to go!!” Niall rolled his eyes when Louis nodded slowly, eyes wide. Louis ran after Niall, getting his keys on the way out.