Prologue

Niall laid in the grass, looking at the stars. The night was warm, maybe because it was in the middle of June. He had tried to count the stars, giving them reasons why he was worthless. There weren't enough stars, he thought, he is worthless trash. A shooting star flew across the sky. It reminded Niall of something he didn't want to be reminded of.

*Flashback*

Niall walked nervously back and forth. He had left a piece of paper on the kitchen table for his parents. "Come up to my room when you come home, I have something to tell you. -N" it said. He was going to tell his parents, and he couldn't think clear because of his nervousness. Right at the moment he looked out of his window, a shooting star leaped across the sky. He closed his eyes and prayed that they wouldn't be mad at him.

He heard footsteps outside the door and talking from his parents. His mum opened the door and smiled.

"What do you want to tell us, kiddo?" His father said. Niall gulped nervously.

"Uhm.. I have thought long and hard about it, and I figured out that..." Niall's voice trailed off into a whisper. His mum smiled to encourage him.

Niall took a deep breath.

"I've figured out that I am gay." He looked at his parents, waiting for their reactions.

He thought that they would support him, but by the look of their faces he found out he was wrong.

"I can't have a faggot for a son!" His father shouted. He grabbed Niall by the collar and growled in his face,

"You, out! You're not a Horan anymore. Out of my house, and never come back! If you do, you'd wish you never had opened your eyes!"

He threw the first punch right in Niall's stomach. Niall yelped in pain. His father punched him in the face too, giving him a black eye.

Dragging Niall towards the window, Niall understood what his father was about to do. He lifted Niall up to his face, and spit.

"Never, ever come back here, faggot." Niall looked helplessly at his mother who just gave him a disgusted look.

Then he was thrown out of the window. Landing on his stomach, all air was punched out of him. His father then threw all his stuff out of the window. A bag with a few clothes, landed on Niall's right side.

"Can I get my guitar, p-please?" Niall whispered, trying to stand up. His father snorted, and right after his guitar came flying out of the window. It hit Niall in the stomach, and he stumbled backwards.

"And if you ever come back, you'll have to deal with your father!" His mum shouted from behind his dad's back.

*End of flashback*

Niall was sobbing uncontrollably at this point. His own father had threatened to kill him. His own father. It was all his fault. He should never have told them, he should be straight. Not gay, straight.