Mitsuki's Intuition

Mitsuki always thought that Boruto and Sarada would make a good couple. They could express their feelings to each other clearly, even though most of the time it was through verbal fights. They could practically read each other's minds on missions. Sarada even seemed to be comfortable with slight physical contact; whether it was grabbing his arm to stop him from something, shoving him out of the way, or gently placing her hand on his shoulder when he was sad. 

Boruto protected her like she was the most precious thing in the universe. He didn't seem to be aware of it himself, but his promise to keep her safe held more weight then he let on. Whether it was standing in between her and otherworldly beings, figuring out the use of his karma on the fly only to save her from taking the brunt of an attack, or calling her name in a pained voice whenever she was hurt. If it was Sarada, the look of desperation on his face was unmatched. 

Despite their constant bickering and denial, Mitsuki knew. It was only a matter of time before they realized that their actions were that of affection for each other. 

But he wasn't expecting it to happen so suddenly.

One day, when they were in Kaminari Burger, Mitsuki went to sit down next to Sarada and noticed something odd reflected in Boruto's eyes. Immediately noting it as jealousy, he casually slid into the other side of the booth. And the look vanished. 

He wondered if it was just his imagination. 

But as he was eating, he saw Boruto pick up his burger with his left hand. Boruto was right handed. And he did sometimes eat with his left, but if he did, his other hand was on his drink. And more often than not, he used two hands, not wanting any of the delicious toppings to spill out. 

Just as he was about to comment on it, he noticed the slight slant of Boruto's other arm. And the fact that it was slanted towards Sarada. 

"Hey, Mitsuki."

He snapped out of his thoughts when Boruto called his name. "Hm?"

"Do you wanna go see the new Kagemasa movie later? I was thinking about inviting Shikadai along too."

"Hmm, sounds interesting. I'll go if you're going, Boruto."

Sarada picked up her other hand to take a sip of her drink. But when she did, Boruto's right arm shifted away from her.

Mitsuki smiled. "You do make a good couple, after all."

Sarada practically spit out her drink. "Where did that come from?"

His hunch was being proven correct with her reaction. Usually it would have been, "heck no we don't," with an angry look. Rather than getting mad, she was embarrassed. Boruto on the other hand seemed to be taking it pretty well.

"Mitsuki, don't you get tired of teasing us?"

"Hm? I was being serious." He smirked. "Is Sarada going to the movie too?"

"Oh. I dunno," he said, sipping on his soda straw. "Wanna come, Sarada?"

"Cho-Cho mentioned that she wanted to see it... So I guess I'll go." 

He thought he would catch them doing something at the movie theatre as well, but Boruto sat in between him and Shikadai, and Sarada sat behind them with Cho-Cho. 

Wondering if maybe Sarada had simply realized her feelings for Boruto, Mitsuki brushed it off. But when he turned around to part ways with them, he noticed Boruto's hand move towards his leg, as if it had been somewhere else. Not only that, Boruto and Sarada were walking next to each other. Usually, Sarada trailed slightly behind. 

Pretending like he didn't notice anything, Mitsuki smiled. "See you later."

"Bye Mitsuki.

Mitsuki turned back around. Boruto's hand was dangling limply at his side, Sarada trailing behind him. Again. It might've been a coincidence. But Mitsuki's intuition was rarely wrong.