Chapter 5: A Very Enthusiastic Walk

The weekend. A time most students used to relax and unwind after an exhausting week, and while that would normally be true for Hibiki, she had some studying to do. Failure was unacceptable.

////

Mrs.Nanoshira left the house all dolled up. She wore an egregious amount of makeup and enough perfume that most would consider it to be a chemical weapon. The average pent-up single mother in her early forties.

She turned a corner before getting getting rammed by a girl wearing an inconspicuously oversized hoodie, and dropped her bag.

"Ah, very sorry ma'am!" While a slightly different pitch, the girls voice was still very clearly Hibiki's. Hibiki helped Mrs. Nanoshira to her feet.

"Ugh, watch where you're going brat!"

Hibiki picked up the handbag, slyly dropping a gps tracker and miniature microphone into the purse, before handing it to her with a bow. "I'm very sorry! Please forgive me!"

"Tch. Just watch it next time." Mrs.Nanoshira angrily grabbed her purse and slung it over her shoulder.

Hibiki ducked into a nearby alley where she had left her bag and changed her clothes and shoes to avoid arousing suspicion, also putting on a facemask to avoid people from recognizing her.

This plan was ingenious. It astounded Hibiki that she could cobble it together in less than a day.

//A Few Hours Earlier//

Hibiki sat half-asleep in her living room. Her parents had been off on some business trip in America for the last month and were supposed to return soon. She saw the mess the house was in and figured her father would be pissed when he got back.

"Alright, cleaning time I guess." Hibiki stated before tying her hair back.

She started by gathering any dishes she accidentally left out, a few plates and mugs, and loaded them into the dishwasher. "There, easy task done."

She then went about sweeping the floors and picking up any garbage, before mopping. While waiting for the floor to dry, she decided to tidy her room. She went to hang her fresh laundry in her closet when she noticed some of the boxes her mom left there. Curious about what her mom was like growing up, she opened the box labeled school supplies.

She was shocked to see various sleeping meds and spying equipment, burner phones, along with cleaning products and incredibly detailed instructions on how to properly use everything written in her mothers handwriting.

"Ah. I see." Hibiki made a mental note to pay extra attention to every nook in cranny in her room.

////

It had truly been a stroke of luck that she finished all her chores when she did. Everything about the plan hinged on if she would bump into Sadako's mother. Even more lucky, Y/N mentioned something about babysitting today, so she didn't have to worry about him spotting her.

She reached into the bag, stopping when she saw the sleeping drugs and let out a sigh. "Last resort only." Pulling out a burner phone, she followed the tracking dot and found Mrs.Nanoshira waiting at a street corner. Putting on an earpiece, she spied patiently. "Judging by her attire, she's going on a date. Here's hoping she knows him well enough to give me some really good blackmail material."

Turns out, the gods had decided to bless her with good fortune as a boy from her school approached Mrs.Nanoshira.

"Ah! There you are Shinji!" Hibiki heard through the earpiece. Realizing what was happening, she took out her burner phone and got ready to take a picture.