Missing

(Aethers POV)

"DAMN IT!" I scream, bashing my arms on the floor of the ruin. He's gonna pay. Nobody is taking Xiao away from me, and he better not hurt him. That stupid Harbinger. I will make him suffer if he does any experiments on Xiao. Mark my words.

(Xiaos POV)

"Ughh" I mumble, my head throbbing. I shoot my eyes open and look around. I'm chained down on a chair. Great just great. A few minutes later, the same man who captured me walks in.

"Oh, you're awake?" he questions.

I don't answer and just glare at him.

"Hey now, no need to be so hostile" he chuckles.

My eye twitches in annoyance. "No need to be hostile? Says the asshole who kidnapped me and cut off my adeptal energy" I hiss. He just smirks me.

"Well I had to cut off your energy. It's not exactly practical to go against an adeptus who can teleport away at any moment" he smiles. I click my tongue at him.

"Whatever, just get out of my fucking sight" I growl.

"Alright, no need to be so feisty" he agrees. He walks out of the room and I am once again left in silence. I start to struggle in the chains. He must have cut off my energy completely. I can't feel a single ounce of my adeptal energy.

I have to get out though. I have to get back to Aether. That guy might be going after him now for all I know.

Through the silence, all of a sudden, footsteps emerge. I tense up when I hear them stop infront of my door. I see the door handle turning, and then someone I didn't expect to see walk in.

"Is that you Xiao?"

My eyes widen and my mouth hangs open.

"YOU GINGER?!?!?!" I scream. I never expected Childe to pop up here. I mean I guess he is also a Fatui Harbinger, but still.

"Xiaowy, why are you here?" Childe asks, obviously in a sarcastic tone. I just roll my eyes.

"That stupid Harbinger with the blue hair caught me and Aether off guard" I sigh. He tilts his head at me.

"Three things. One, who the hell is Aether. Two, how were you off all people caught off guard. Three, why were you in the Doctors secret area?" Childe puzzles. I look off to the side. I sigh and decide to give him answers. After all, I may not like him that much, but he is a friend of Rex Lapis, so that makes up for it.

"He's the travelers missing brother, dimwit" I whisper.

"Ohhhhhhhh, that makes A LOT more sense now" he chimes. I sigh in annoyance. I have never gotten along with him and I don't think I ever will.

"Can you do something useful for once and get me out of these chains?" I test. I hope for once he'll help me. He makes a thinking face before smiling.

"I guess I could, but that's it. If the Doctor finds out I helped you out of here, then I'm screwed~" he hums. I just nod. At least he's getting me out of these stupid chains.

Childe walks over to me and begins undoing the chains. Once they're off, I immediately get up and stretch. I had to have been in that chair for a while to be so stiff, maybe around 3 days. I look back at Childe.

"So, where did that ass run off to?" I question. I was seriously pissed at him.

"The Doctor left a minute or two ago. I don't know why he thought it was a good idea to leave me in his lab alone, but what the heck" he shrugs. I slightly chuckle. Childe should never be trusted anywhere alone. I walk over to the door and peek out before leaving.

"I still can't feel my adeptal energy" I mumble. Childe pops up next to me.

"Yeah, the Doctor probably made is so that as long as you're in his base, you can't use your powers" he chuckles. I don't find it funny at all, but that's no surprise. Childe has his own kind of humor.

"Well which way is the exit to this place?"

.............

"Um hello? Earth to Childe?" I whisper, waving my hand in his face.

"Y'know, now that you mention it, I have no clue where the exit to this place is" he groaned. Are you kidding me.

"Seriously. You're a Fatui Harbinger just like that guy and you don't know the way out of his base?" I fumed.

"Look this place is like a maze. Don't you go getting all sassy on me little Yaksha" he insulted.

"Who do you think you're calling little Yaksha, 'Money Bags' hm" I swore back. Both of us began swearing at each other, not caring if a Fatui guard came by and saw us.

"You know what, enough. Just go and find your own way out. Like I said, if the Doctor finds out I helped you out of those chains, I'm done for" he ends. He walks away from me, leaving me alone in the hallway.

"Aether, I'm coming back" I swear. I begin running through the hallway. I use my gut instinct to figure out which way to go, since my intuition is usually correct.

I continue running through out the lab. Childe was right, this place really is like a maze. Every single area looks the exact same. I can't tell whether I'm getting closer or further from the exit.

"Great! Now what!" I yell. I hear footsteps getting closer to me and the first thing I think to do is hide. I would fight, but I can't use any of my powers, nor can I summon my spear. I'm completely useless right now.

"Hey, who do you think you are!!!" A guard screams. I freeze thinking they saw me. I'm about to jump out of the room and fight my way out of here, until I hear someone else's voice.

"GIVE ME XIAO BACK!"

My eyes widen and my heart begins to beat faster. I slam the door wide open and look around, my eyes soon locking with beautiful golden ones.

"AETHER!" I yell, running towards him.

————————————————————————

The next chapter will be taking place during the three days that Xiao was captured, but it will be in Aethers perspective of him searching for Xiao