Back to Liyue

(Aethers POV)

Now that all of us were together we started making our way back to Liyue, the place I dreaded the most. No that's a lie, anywhere in Teyvat I dreaded the most.

"We're almost there" Keqing assured seeing that I was getting tired of walking.

"Oh yeah thanks, that sure~ makes me feel better" I said sarcastically, not wanting to get closer to Liyue.

"Please Aether just-"

"No" I cut Lumine off. Im not listening to her. She should know that I'm angry. "Also..." I began, "CAN YOU LET GO OF MY HAND" I yell. Xiao was still holding onto my hand. When I yell, he jumps slightly. He must have been zoning out.

"A-apologies" he mumbled before letting go of my hand. To be honest I wasn't actually expecting him to let me go.

'Wow he listens to me more than Lumine' I think to myself. I stretch my arm up because it was slightly stiff from being pulled by Xiao. I look up and can see Liyue in the distance. I feel like I could scream right now.

"I'm so excited to finally be back" Lumine cheers, I looked over at with a 'you really had to say that?' look. The distance between Liyue and us closes bit by bit until...

We finally arrive

"Thanks guys so much for the help!" Lumine shouts as the other 4 people leave. I look over to my side and see Xiao still there.

"Why are you still here?" I puzzled, leaning slightly towards Xiao. He looks over at me.

"Well do you know where my room is?" he speculates. I just look at him confused before I remember.

"You have a point..." I grumbled in defeat. Lumine looks back over at us before walking over to me.

"Aether don't tell me you're just gonna go straight to Xiaos room. I wanted to show you around Liyue" she bubbles. I just look at her with an annoyed expression. She awkwardly laughs from the tension between us.

"Goodbye" I state before turning around and walking away from the two. They both just watch as I walk further into Liyue city, wanting to get away from them.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'Gosh what am I gonna do now?' I ponder to myself, sitting under a tree at the edge of the city. I hope no one will bother me. I just need time to think of a way out of this situation. I start to slowly close my eyes, feeling comfortable under the tree. Before I know it everything goes dark, and I drift off to sleep.

.
.
.
.
.
.

"Ugh...." I sigh, stretching my arms up. When I open my eyes it's dark outside.

"You enjoy your nap?".

I look off to my side, surprised by the voice and low and behold. It was Xiao.

"What are you doing here?" I ask, confused as to why he's here, sitting next to me under this tree. He looks back over at me. He cheeks turn a slight tint of pink, showing that he's embarrassed.

"Well when you didn't come back I had assumed you left the city so I went to go and look for you..." he mumbled looking down at the ground. I'm guessing to hide his face, but what would I know. "Then I saw you sitting underneath this tree, and you looked comfortable so I let you sleep" he finished before standing up.

"Hmmm, thanks then" I respond, standing up along with him. I smile at him, getting a mischievous idea. I reach my hand out and grab his. He's taken aback by that action as his head whips around to look at me, his whole face red.

"W-what are you doing" he stutters. I just look at him with a gentle look.

"We already held hands today, what's the problem with it now?" I hinted, trying to sound innocent.

"Mmm-" he whimpers, embarrassment and shyness written all over his adorable face. 

"Cute" I accidentally whisper, and he seemed to have heard me.

"HUH!?" he shrieks, his face the same color as a tomato. I begin to blush, realizing what I did. I turn away from him, embarrassment creeping up on me now.

"What, I'm just stating the truth..." I respond, trying to sound as calm as possible. His face is still bright red, it looked like he wanted to say something back to me, but he just bit his lip and kept silent.

We decided to end the conversation there, before it got anymore embarrassing. We walked back to the Inn together, surprisingly still holding hands. I asked if he could just teleport us, but he said it was harder to teleport more than just himself, so we just decided to walk back.

"So where's Lumine?" I interrogate, wondering why she wasn't searching for me, considering she was the one that wouldn't leave me be before.

"I lied to her" he states like it's nothing. I stare at him confused.

"What do you mean you lied to her?" I question. I don't understand what there is to lie about. He looks away from me before answering.

"From the moment you had left, I waited for you to return..." he pauses, trying to regain his composure. He really gets embarrassed easily, "so when you didn't come back I just told her that you were resting in your room, and she would never think I would lie so she just believed me and went off to bed as well".  I look at him with a kind look.

"Thanks..." I whisper. I can tell he heard me. I'm honestly glad he lied to her. Otherwise I probably wouldn't have gotten the piece and quiet or time I am getting right now. As I finish up these thoughts I realize we made it to the Inn. Xiao brings me up to the very top floor, and there's a balcony here.

"This is my room" he speaks. At least now I know where to go from now on. I notice a couch on the side of the room, so I'm guessing that's where I'm sleeping. Just as I'm about to head over to the couch to sleep, I feel someone squeeze my hand. I turn my head to ask what Xiao wanted.

He just looks at me with red cheeks. I'm guessing he wants to ask me something but is too embarrassed to. I feel stupid for doing this but I'm gonna take a wild guess at what he wants to ask.

"Hey Xiao, tomorrow, since I'm gonna be staying here for who knows how long. How about we get to know each other?" I question, hoping that I guessed right. I look at him and see his eyes light up.

'I guess I hit the mark' I think to myself. Well I guess tomorrow Xiao and I are going to be spending all day together, learning about each other.