prologue- 7-8

Chapter 7-The Principal’s Rule  - chapter 8-First Day at School + non cannon thing 

I can’t fucking believe it ANOTHER WIN FOR THE CAT SQUA- wtf don’t call yourself that, what is wrong with you y/n. 

I turned to see Grim panting “...Well?” I turned to see what Crowley would say to Grim, Crowley clapped his hands together “incredible.. I’ve never seen anyone bend a monster to their will quite the way you have. I must confess, my educator’s intuition did sense something about you after that brouhaha at orientation, y/n.” he turned to look at me “I could tell you had a certain animal trainer-y, beast master-ish quality to you. Oh, yes. That said, I…” he began mumbling to himself. 

“Would it be possible for Grim to stay with me?” that seemed to immediately bring him out of his thoughts “WHAT? A monster, stay HERE?” yes did you not just fucking hear what I said Crowley? 

But even Grim seemed surprised by that “whoa, did you just..?” He looked up at me with surprise.

I know what I must do, I dropped to my knees and clapped my hands together “Please, sir! PLEASE LET HIM STAY, what if the ghost came back!?” I yell out trying to look and sound as dramatic as I can, making sure that Grim will stay.

“Hmmm… I suppose I cannot deny your plea. Very well” I jumped up from the ground and threw my hands up in the air “Myah?! Really?” Grim’s head perked with surprise.

“Let me be clear! Under no circumstances would I admit anyone to night raven college who has not been selected by the dark mirror—especially not a monster!” What's that supposed to mean crowley? 

“Nor do I intend to allow you, y/n, to freeload until you’re able to return home.” goddamnit, he better not make me be a janitor or something because I swear to the gods above I will fight him. 

“Hrmph. Never shoulda got my hopes up…”  sorry Grim.

“Now, allow me to explain. It was the dark mirror that transported you here. Therefore this school does bear some responsibility for your well-being. So I will allow you to remain in this dorm, free of charge. However, you will need to pay for your own food, clothing, and incidentals. As to how you will do so, penniless as you are,,, ah. Ah ha. Yes, a fine plan.” 

Is this man about to prostitute me? “What exactly are you planning to make me do?” I moved, positioning my hands on my hips while I looked up at him, raising my brow,  I swear to god he’s about to do it. 

“You needn’t seem so alarmed. I’m simply going to ask you to do a few odd jobs around campus. From what you’ve done here, y/n, I can tell you know your way around a broom. So what do you say to you two working together as a janitorial team? If you agree to that, I will make a special exception and allow you to remain on campus. I’ll allow you to use the library, so that you may study, and research ways to return home.” he moved his hand to his face “how boundlessly charitable I am.” he moved his arms to cross them “ah, but only when your work is over, of course!”  goddamn it i'm gonna become a janitor. 

Just before I got the chance to answer, or even think about it “whaaat? What kinda deal is that?! I wanna put on one of those sweet uniforms and be a student, not sweep up people’s junk!” ok that’s just rude, you should be thankful for janitors! 

Crowley crossed his arms and stared down at the both of us “If you’re not satisfied with my offer, I can arrange to have you thrown out again.” don’t… 

“Myah?!... All right, fine! Let’s do it” Grim turned to look at me to see what I'd say, I let out a sign “what choice do I have?” I crossed my arms and looked at the ground.