FILLER CHAPTER - ❝ICEBREAKERS❞

SYNOPSIS — Y/N attempts to warm up to Andrew weeks prior to their first date. 

──────── ✧ ────────

Y / N

BY 'A COUPLE OF WEEKS', Professor Marston- Andrew, meant two weeks ahead. I couldn't get my mind off the fact that I was asked out by my Literature professor - and that I said yes, because of my undeniable crush on this guy that I couldn't help but pursue. The date was happening, and it was all I could think about. It got challenging focusing in class when the person teaching the lecture was my date. I would catch Andrew staring at me, and I would take it too personally. If he stared for one second, I'd think about it for the rest of the day, like a middle schooler gushing about their crush on another classmate. If he didn't stare at me or moved his eyes past me, I would take it too personally as well. 

Ten minutes passed when everyone peeled out the hall after a lecture. Professor Marston pulled me in for a quick kiss. I blinked. 

"You all right?" he asks me.

I was taken back for a second, remembering we could sneak in some skin-ship if no one was in the room but just us. He kisses me again. 

"Join me for lunch, y/n. My office."

I couldn't ask him if he was excited or nervous about the date until we were alone, and I had to ask out of the blue.

"Nervous?" Andrew blowing into his thermos. "I... guess you could say I'm feeling on edge towards an upcoming event. You?"

"Same. I feel like you're gonna quiz me."

He chuckles. "If I wanted to quiz you, I would have brought a Scantron sheet and told you to bring a pen and notebook to the date. You do know your history, right?"

"I know of it." I joke. I mentioned to Andrew being in one of his brief history classes before as a silent student. I was more active in the Literature field. "You have expertise in history."

Andrew flusters. The following day, I spent my lunch break in his office again. I hung my feet over the arms of the chair so I was lying across it. I was toying with his keychain. "I only go to parties when I feel like I'll miss out on a lot of shit. This one time, some guy did a backflip off the roof of his friend's house and landed in the pool, inches away from getting his skull split in half."

"Wow..." Andrew gasps. "That's-er... a terrifying close call."

"He broke a tooth, a week before he had to get his wisdoms removed. His insurance hates him and his girlfriend broke up with him because his physical appearance changed drastically. Y'know... losing a tooth?"

Andrew stood up and walked over to me. He moved my feet off the chair so I was sitting upright and snatched the keychain out of my hands. "I notice you fidget a lot in class."

I frown. "And you professors hate it with a burning passion. It helps scratch the sensory itch in my brain, okay?"

"What, my lectures are too boring now?" He grins, tossing his keys in his book bag. He walked back and sat down. 

I got up this time, walking over to his desk as he continued typing away. "Your classes are not boring," I leaned over the side of his desk, only looking at the laptop for a split second, "The other professors, well-"

"Er-" Andrew shuts his laptop halfway. "Sorry. There's just a boundary I want to keep with my other students and their work." 

I took a step back. "I'm not using you to see other students' work."