chapter ten - ❝new friend.❞

SYNOPSIS — Andrew's thoughts and fantasies over Y/N have grown increasingly unhealthy, but he can't help but give in. Y/N flaunts their new friend in front of Andrew.

──────── ✧ ────────

Y / N 

I AM UP bright and early for a Thursday. Just last night Brittany showed up to my place as I was catching up on the lecture that I skipped. Professor Marston put at least thirteen slides in the module. Because of his long lectures, you'd have to be present in his class to receive in-depth teaching, or you'd be in a stump reading at least a couple sentences off one slide that wouldn't do much. 

As long as my textbook was here, I was in good hands. 

I was also in good hands thanks to Brittany, who offered me CBD oil for my muscle pain. Ever since my body felt like it had woken from surgery, she blamed it on the excess cardio walking around campus. If it wasn't fun or if we weren't commuting anywhere fun, she would drive or take the subway. I knew the CBD oil worked, because I had finished the final slide and collapsed under the sheets while Brittany took the other side of my bed. 

For a Thursday, I woke up feeling like I had never felt any more lighter in my bones.

This was one of the days where Brittany would be working a longer shift. [STUDENT'S NAME] offered to drop me home after school today. 

I roll over to my side to reach over and grab my phone off my desk.

My heart sank. I was not up bright and early for a Thursday. The atmosphere felt like 6 AM until I tapped my screen. It was nearly noon. My phone had never gone off, the alarm for 6 was never set.

"Holy fuck, Britt!" I scream, sprinting out of the bed. The post-CBD feeling immediately left my body, only for panic and adrenaline to replace it. 

Brittany lifts her head from her pillow, her eyelids opening halfway. "What the fuck is wrong with you?"

I run past her, grabbing emergency sweatpants and a shirt from the drawers, then my bag off the ground. "I'm late! Professor Marston's gonna kill me."

"Late?" she lazily sits up and checks her phone. "Since when are you ever late for his class?"

Just by how busy the subway was, it was definitely the afternoon. The excess cardio was paying off, but I was beginning to lose my breath as soon as I reached campus, my shoes clamping against the pavement and grass. Brittany wears those high heeled platforms in any season as long as the outfit went with it, but all I grabbed from my shoe rack were ones I haven't worn in a while, and they felt foreign when I slid them on. 

A group of girls were walking slow in front of me at the front entrance. I had no other choice but to beeline through, making one of them drop their book.

"Hey!" one of them shouts angrily at me.

The Literature lecture, the time duration at least an hour and ten minutes in from when I've reached campus, had to be on the first floor. Just a few hallways down. More fast-walking. I swung the door open, hearing Professor Marston's voice echoing into a microphone at the lectern.

By now, everyone took a quick look at me, like I had just rudely interrupted to film a dumb prank for a YouTube video. I had to think quick. I went over to the second front row and plop myself down in one of the empty seats.