Chapter 5-Second Date

It's been two weeks now and alls been going well. You and Alma occasionally flirt and kiss on the cheek as the rules say. Though you have yet to initiate a kiss. Today Emma scheduled your second date for the month. This time you'd be going to a small cafe that had recently been built on the island during modern times. Alma would have to barrow your clothes again. Which was a problem because the nicest outfit that you had that was currently clean is a black button up dress that shows off one's cleavage and you'd panic if you saw her in it.

Too bad Emma found you looking through your closet and grabbed it from you before you could object. "Oh and here's this. Give it to Miss P when you see her." You gave Emma a strange look and she explained. "It's a gift for her. I knew you wouldn't get her one yourself. I told her to get you something and had faith she'd actually do it. You can look at her gift if you'd like. Now I'll see you in a moment."

Emma left the room, going to see her headmistress, and again not knocking. "Hey, Bird." She spoke casually, as though she wasn't metaling in Miss Peregrine's love life. "I've got your clothes ready here. And I know you've got a pair of plain black heels, wear those. I'll take care of the children's dinner." She paused for a moment to think about something. "Ah, right. Did you get Y/n a gift like I told you to?"

Miss Peregrine sighed. "I did yes. Now leave. And knock next time, please." She said before shooing her ward out of the room. The woman made quick work of pulling the pins out of her hair and brushing it out. She then put on the dress given to her, and though she disliked the amount of skin showing she'd tough it out. She added a pair of tights to the mix and the heels Emma told her to wear.

She grabbed a small box from her nightstand and went to find you in your room like the previous date. Your door was already open as though you'd been waiting for her arrival. You heard her heels and didn't bother turning around on your chair when you heard them stop in the doorway. "Hello. Would you like me to style your hair again?" You asked her.

She smiled and walked over. "I'd love that." You smiled and turned to face her, though your smile dropped when you saw her in your dress. She laughed at the obvious red in your face and you turned to look away from her. "What? Do I not look nice?" She teased.

"No, you look great." You said calmly and stood up. "And this is for you." You stood up and handed her the box Emma had given to you earlier. She smiled and gave you a small box of your own. You gave her a small smile and opened it. She watched your face intently to see if you liked it. Your jaw nearly dropped when you saw the beautiful necklace that lay inside. It was a mini pocket watch, that didn't work, held on a silver chain, with a tiny diamond embedded in the middle. "Oh, Alma.. you didn't have to get me this." You grinned as you removed it from its case to look at it closer.

"Nonsense. I saw you eyeing it when we went past the jewelers in town a few days ago. So I went back to get it for you. I assume you like it?" She smiled as she took it from your hands and moved behind you to assist you in putting it on.

"I love it. Thank you." You turned around and pulled her into a hug. "Now. Open your own gift." You pointed at the box she'd set aside when you opened yours. She sighed and went to open the discarded box. She wasn't going to lie, her expectations were low. But she was surprised to find a necklace there that took her breath away. It was a bluebird with sapphires embedded into it and had black diamonds for eyes. It was held on a thin silver chain.

"Y/n, this is amazing!" She grinned and pulled it out of the box. "Help me put it on?" You nodded and took it from her hands. She turned her back to you so you could put it on. When she turned around again it was clear she was trying to hide her smile.

"I think it's a fitting nickname as well. Bluebird." You grinned when she gave you a small pointed look but was unable to hide her own smile. But for now let's do your hair. She nodded and sat down in the same chair as before to let you do your work. You did the same French braid as last time, minus the flowers.