Chapter 19-Finale

-One Year Later-

When you visit your mothers weekly occasionally one or two of the children will beg to go with, wanting to get out of the loop for a while. Alma decided to allow it, probably because she was amused by her own visit with them. Today though you invited your parents to the island. They wanted to see where you'd been staying. So you booked a room in the modern day pub and brought a few things over to make it look lived in.

As of now you were waiting for the ferry, that according to Alma should be arriving in ten minutes. Though she didn't stick around as if she did Mama, who was the only one that could come, would probably ask to visit her and the children where ever she lived. When the ferry arrived only two people were on it, the ferryman, and Mama. She got off and walked right over to you.

"Sorry Mom couldn't make it, Y/n. But I've been instructed to report everything back to her." She looked around the small gloomy dock. "Why don't you show me where you've been staying?" You nodded and turned to walk to the pub. "No." You stopped to give her a questioning glance. "Where you've really been staying." She pointed towards the beach.

You tried not to show your surprise. "What do you mean? I've been staying in the pub."

"In that dusty old place? You would never. Come along." She wouldn't be taking any of your lies and instead led you to the beach. You walked along it for fifteen minutes or so until she stopped at a cave. "Here we are. Now let's go find your real home, shall we?" She walked into the cave, you just stood near the entrance, waiting for her to come back.

"Mama?" You spoke into the cave, but got no response. She was gone. You reluctantly followed her in. When you left again she was standing outside, basking in the sun that wasn't there before. "How did you.?"

"I'm not oblivious." She smiled and began walking back towards the village. "See I've followed you here before. I know very well you haven't been living in the pub, but rather in the children's home, with your girlfriend and her wards. I know that she's an ymbryne and all those children are peculiar, and that we're currently in the loop in 1940."

"You know everything? And you understand peculiardom?" You questioned her as she walked quick paced through the village.

"Of course I do. I went to Miss Avocet's academy after all."

"You're an ymbryne?"

"Indeed. Your Mom however isn't peculiar. That's the real reason she didn't come, because she wouldn't be able to enter the loop. But she knows what they are, I've told her all about them."

"This is mad." You muttered to yourself.

The two of you soon arrived at the house. Mama knocked on the door and waited patiently with you standing a few steps behind her. Alma opened the door and looked surprised to see both of you there. "Oh my..." She looked over your mother than turned to you. "I suppose you didn't know?" You shook your head. "Well then." She turned back to your mother. "What's your peculiarity? Assuming you know what it is."

"I'm an ymbryne, just as you are Miss Peregrine. My professional name is Miss Crow." She grinned at Alma's shocked expression that looked much like your earlier one. "Well, may I go see the children?" Alma nodded and allowed her past, then walked over to you.

"Your mother is peculiar?" She asked, wrapping an arm around your waist.

"I just found out too. But Mom's not, so she didn't come." Alma nodded in understanding. "This is weird." You shook your head and walked back in to see all the children huddled around Mama giving her hugs and asking questions. She happily answered any questions as she hugged each of the children, even Enoch you hadn't managed to get away in time. You and Alma stood to the side, hand in hand as you watched your mother speak with each of the kids.

Soon Mama managed to escape them and grabbed you to bring you to the side. You brought her to your shared room with Alma and waited for her to speak. She looked around the room then turned to you with a smile. "You love this woman, yes?" You nodded. She took something out of her pocket and took a step closer to you, holding out a small box. You took it in question, opening it up to reveal a gorgeous ring. "It belonged to your grandmother. I suggest you propose. Preferably while I'm around, Mom wants pictures."

"I'd rather do it while Mom is really there." You snapped the box shut and tucked it away in your pocket. "Would we all be able to come around on Christmas? That's two or so months away and gives me time to mentally prepare anyway."

"I'm pretty sure Mom would've forced you all to come down anyway. She needs someone to spend money on during the holidays."

"Sounds like a plan."

-Time Skip Two Months Later- (I'm lazy.)

You stood on the porch of your mothers house looking over the group behind you. "We have everything? All the gifts?" You did one last check.

"Yes, now knock! It's cold out here!" Hugh yelled at you.

You chuckled and knocked on the door. Mom was the one to answer and happily greeted all of you. "Alma, so nice to see you again." She smiled and hugged your girlfriend who was the last to come through the door.

"Likewise, Sharon." She smiled back.

Everyone talked for an hour or so, then ate a large dinner that must've taken Mom ages to make, and despite hating cooking, Mama no doubt helped. Afterwords everyone opened presents and everyone was thrilled with everything they got. And they'd gotten more presents than usual this year because of your mothers who'd gone a bit overboard.

Afterwards Alma left the room for a moment to go and grab scissors from the kitchen to open a present that Claire really wanted to play with. While she was gone your mothers made everyone stand near the wall and be quiet while you stood in the middle of the room, anxiously gripping the box in your hand.

Alma walked back in and set the scissors down on the coffee table when she saw everyone but you off to the side. "Alma, I've got one last gift for you." You smiled at her, your voice thankfully not giving away how nervous you were. She walked over, confused. "We've been through so much together, and I want to be by your side for eternity." You began moving to kneel on one knee and Alma seemed to realize what was happening. "Alma LeFay Peregrine, will you marry me?" You opened the box and gave her a nervous smile.

"Of course!" She grinned as you stood back up then nearly tackled you into a hug. She gave you a short kiss and everyone cheered.

"FINALLY!" Three different people yelled at once, Enoch, Emma, and Mom. You laughed at them as you cling happily to Alma.

Everything might turn out great after all.

—————

It's finally over. Huh-