End of Friendship Games Arc: We're All Winners

It is now close to nighttime as the final event of Friendship Games is being held near the front of Canterlot High School as bleachers for both schools have been set up at this small arena. The sky has gone a foreboding dark gray with a sudden pall of clouds, and cheers and whistles ring out across the space from the packed house. The Rainbooms were all back in their normal attire as they all stood at the bleachers.

Dean Cadance: Since the score's tied, the final event will determine the winner of the Friendship Games.

Over at the Crystal Prep bleachers, the Shadowbolts including Sci-Twi and Cinch could be seen, however (R/N) and Sunny Flare stood far apart from each other clearly not in the mood to talk to each other after their extremely bad argument earlier. By the looks of it, the rest of the Shadowbolt girls didn't seem to know yet.

Vice Principal Luna: Somewhere on campus, a pennant from each school has been hidden. The first team to find their school's flag and bring it back wins.

Dean Cadance: And as soon as our teams are ready, we'll begin.

This was the Rainbooms' cue to huddle up, but the games were honestly the last thing on their minds for most of them.

Fluttershy: I don't feel like playing these games anymore.

Rainbow Dash: But we have to play. This is the last event!

Rarity: *scoffs* It's a little hard to focus with all the magic stealing and portal opening.

Sunset Shimmer: And I feel awful about what I said to Twilight.

Fluttershy: Especially since she obviously didn't mean to do all the stuff she did. She's actually really nice.

Another stab of remorse goes through the mind under the tumble of red/yellow hair, and she covers her face with her hands as Fluttershy finds herself on the wrong end of searching looks from the other five Rainbooms. The wordless scrutiny is enough to make the animal lover hunch into herself and sidestep away ever so slightly. (Y/N) then looks over at the opposing side while scratching a finger on his chin.

(Y/N): It's not just Twilight though... I'm kind of also worried about (R/N)...

All heads turned to (Y/N) the moment he said that second sentence as the Rainbooms hoped he wasn't being serious at all.

Rainbow Dash: What?! Why are you worried about that jerk faker of you?!

Applejack: He's been nothin' but rude and bitter towards ya!

(Y/N): Yeah, I've noticed... It's pretty much his thing along with all of Crystal Prep, but... I've had a talk with him and one of his girlfriends earlier and... I think he's hiding something. Something that he doesn't want to admit to anyone, not even those he trusts the most.

Pinkie Pie: Oooh! Like you just want to take the entire word "secret" and barricade it deep down in a treasure chest, plastic bottle, or even a safe and lock it just for you to find out that the secret is really some big surprise waiting for everybody in the end?

(Y/N): Ummmm... Sure? I know it should be hard for me to care about him at this point, especially after he did tell me that he has a reason to hate me, but I can't put what happened a while ago past me so soon. And I'm willing to help, but after a little "episode" I had to witness... I don't know if he'll answer to anyone at this point.

Fluttershy: What happened?

(Y/N): ...Let's just say we're not the only ones to experience relationship issues.

This makes some of their eyes widen and look at each other, but Applejack crosses over to (Y/N) and places a hand on his shoulder.

Applejack: Let's just get through this last event and prove we're not a bunch of cheaters. Then whatever's goin' on with (R/N), ya can sort out later. And you'll be able to apologize to Twilight as well, Sunset.