Chapter 16: The Ultimate Rivals

(Y/N) and Sunset Shimmer are seen jogging down the sidewalks towards Canterlot High School as earlier they got a text from Rainbow Dash about a dire situation. Considering she specified to meet everyone at Canterlot High School, Sunset and (Y/N) assumed that probably Equestrian magic or something else regarding the portal at the statue was the problem.

It is late afternoon, and Applejack and Rainbow Dash are already at the steps, the latter kneeling over her guitar case, as Fluttershy and Rarity walk up. Here comes Sunset and (Y/N) both looking concerned.

Sunset Shimmer: We got your text, Rainbow Dash! Did something come through the portal? Is Equestrian magic on the loose? Did Twilight come back with a problem that only we can solve?!

Pinkie Pie then appears out of nowhere, holding a cupcake in each hand and grinning hugely.

Pinkie Pie: Has a giant cake monster covered all the cakes in the world in cake?!

(Y/N): ...How can you cover cake... in ca- N-Never mind! That's Pinkie folks! Whatever! What's the problem, Dashie? It sounded like an emergency.

Rainbow Dash: Um, not exactly.

Sunset Shimmer: Uh, I don't understand.

Applejack crosses to Rainbow, who has shifted her grip on the axe to clearly show a popped string.

Applejack: Well, y'all, I was just tellin' Rainbow Dash here that a broken guitar string doesn't really qualify as an emergency.

Rainbow Dash: It totally does!

(Y/N): Seriously...? In what world?!

Rainbow Dash: The world of awesomeness?

Here comes Rarity with her glasses on, measuring tape around shoulders, pincushion strapped to one wrist.

Rarity: Really, Rainbow Dash! I was in the middle of sewing a very complex appliqué on my latest frock.

Fluttershy then steps in, petting her bunny, Angel.

Fluttershy: And I was just about to tuck everyone in for the night at the shelter. Now we'll have to start stories all over again.

Sunset Shimmer: Why would you send all of us an emergency text for a guitar string?

Rainbow Dash: Well, I was going to pony up and show our fans some awesome guitar licks, but I kinda need all six strings to do it.

She said looking over towards the said fans which were the Cutie Mark Crusaders, who waved to her from their seats at the top of the steps.

Rainbow Dash: Got any extra?

What she gets in return is a mix of sighs and groans from all, but Sunset, who turns her back to (Y/N) while pointing a thumb towards her backpack.

Sunset Shimmer: (Y/N), I think I have one in my backpack, you think that you can check for me?

(Y/N): Sure, hold on.

(Y/N) unzips Sunset's backpacks and quickly digs inside of it before pulling out a coiled string and he hands it over to Rainbow Dash who wastes no time in making the change-out.

(Y/N): But why this late? All the music rooms are likely closed at this point.

Rainbow Dash: No problem. The acoustics in the hallway are perfect for power chords.

She cranks one off while dropping to one knee loud and clear despite the fact that the instrument is connected to absolutely nothing before standing back up.