Secrets

I run to the railing to see kenji and Darius on the ground with the raptors closing in. I run over to Brooklyn. "Brooklyn look press this button when I say to, got it?" I tell her. She nods her head as I run and jump over the railing. I'm suddenly starting to have second thoughts but it's to late for that. I put my arm out and take the clicker out from my back pocket. I'm so glad Owen reminded me to bring it with me. Here goes nothing, I take a deep breath. "Hey! eyes on me" I yell "don't even try it echo I see you" I press the clicker "Brooklyn press the button" Brooklyn presses the button and the gate opens. "Darius, kenji get out of here!" I yell at them. "What about you!" Darius yells. "Don't worry about me just get the heck out of here" I say firmly and they listen. I back up as blue snaps at me. "Hey! Easy girl it's me." "Brooklyn close the gate" I yell "Are you crazy!" She replies "Just trust me!" I yell at her. She presses the button and the gate starts to close. I'm about 20 feet from the gate if I run I can make it. I turn around and sprint to the gate. I slide through the gate at the last second and fall down panting. "That was- you are- your amazing" Darius said as he put his hand on my shoulder. "You saved my life, Thank you" he said while smiling. "No problem" I replied. Owen would kill me if he knew I was here. And almost like they heard me a bunch of trucks pulled up and Roxie and Dave got out of one. Well I'm dead.

When we get back to the camp me, Darius and kenji are in the living room looking area. We stayed in silence until Darius broke it. "How could you do something so stupid!" He yells. "you'll have to be more specific I do a lot of stupid stuff" kenji say. At that Darius scoffs and I roll my eyes. Kenji puts on a sad face and starts talking about how he's sorry and stuff about his dad. I'm not buying anything he says but when I look at Darius he looks like he believes him. Before anyone could say anything else the doors to the room open and a vey mad Roxie and Dave walk into the room. "We gave Brooklyn a warning for sneaking out but what you three did!" Dave yells "Especially you kenji your reckless behavior put yours, Darius, and Makaylas life's in danger!" Roxie adds. "it was me" Darius yells out of nowhere. "I jump into the raptors cage kenji and Makayla were trying to save me." Roxie and Dave looked stunned. "Wait so your telling me that Darius the Dino expert was save by Makayla the raptor trainer and kenji who thinks dinosaurs died because of their farts..." Roxie says "prove me wrong bro" kenji says proudly. "Ok part of that sounds right it's just that Brooklyn's account is much different" Roxie say while raising her eye brow. "Oh Brooklyn it was dark and if I'm being honest the girl needs glasses." Kenji says. Roxie was about to go off but before she could Dave stops her. "Look everyone made it out ok. So no harm no foul right?" Dave says smiling but Roxie isn't having any of that. "Fine but if anything like that happens again" she says in a warning tone. "I- we won't let you down" Darius says "So what's the plan for tomorrow." Why did he have to ask...

The next day we're standing in front of a huge pile of poop and each of us have a shovel. "Have fun" Roxie says while Dave tosses Darius a bottle of cologne. "It's for the smell but also the ladies" he says while winking. "but mostly the smell" he says before getting in the truck and they drive off leaving us alone. Darius is obviously mad but starts shoveling and I join him while kenji just stands there. "You mind helping" I say bitterly. He still just stands there. "I can't believe this we're stuck here shoveling poop while they get to go to a dinosaur lab, A DINOSAUR LAB" Darius says. "Eh it's just a stupid lab" kenji says "just- just a STUPID LAB" Darius snaps "its a lab where they create dinosaurs that only been my dream to see since forever" he says angrily. "Oh come on that's nothing I've been on this park a thousand times I can show you stuff way better than a dinosaur lab." Kenji says. I roll my eyes I don't believe a word he says but when I look at Darius he seems curious. "Please don't tell me your buying this" I say to Darius but it doesn't matter kenji already won.

The next thing I know were going down a suer type area and kenji is bragging on how rich he is. We finally come to a stop at a ladder and kenji tells us he going to show us a carnotaurus. Darius gets super excited, apparently it's one of his favorite dinos. Kenji climes up the ladder with me and Darius right behind him. After a while of walking I get tired of following him around. "Do you actually know where your going" I say. "Of course I do I know this park like the back of my hand" kenji replies. I roll my eyes at what he said. I basically grew up on this park and even I don't know where we are. "Maybe we should head back I don't won't to get in more trouble or get you in trouble with your dad" Darius says. "What does my dad have to do with any of this he's barely around." Kenji say unknowingly. I stop walk and look at him like he's crazy. Darius dose the same except he's pissed. "Are you serious man! We're out here lost because your trying to prove how rich your are! Me and Makayla are probably going to get kick out of camp because of you!" Darius yells. "Unlike you, we actually have something to lose" I add. Me and Darius start walking back when I see a gate. "Wait what's that?" Is say and point towards the gate. All of us run over towards it. "See I told you I know this park" kenji says with pride but I noticed that the top of the gate was leaning towards us. "You know this park like the back of your hand right." Darius says nervously. "Of course I do" kenji says. "So you know what side the carnotaurus is on?" I add. Just then we hear heavy foot steps and a roar behind us. "RUN!" I yell. We all take off running but the carnotaurus was catching us. "They're good on straights but not on turns on my signal we cut left" Darius yells. "Got it!" I yell back. "3..2..1.. NOW!" Darius yells and we all cut left. I see a small opening ahead. "Look we can get out through there!" Kenji speeds up and is the first out I slow down and try to lead toro away while Darius gets out. When he get out I turn and sprint towards the opening but before I could get out the gate closes. "Guys! Help!" I yell. Darius try's to lift the gate but it's stuck. I look around and see Kenji is gone. "Seriously Kenji!" Then I see him run back with a tree branch. Darius and kenji use the tree branch to open the gate. I fall through and land on top of Darius. We starred at each other for a while before toro roared and I got up. I put my hand out to help Darius up and he accepted it. "Yea how you like me now toro!" Kenji yells. "Toro?" Darius questions. "It's easier than saying carnotaurus" I add. "Hey toro you thought you had me didn't you!" I say then stick my tongue out. "Hey guys when are they supposed to get back from the lab?" Darius asks. We all look at each other and run back to where the left us.

We got there just in time because not even 10 seconds later the truck pulled up. "Why are y'all so out of breath?" Roxie questions. "Just doing the job we were told" Darius answers. "Think about it shoveling poop for over an hour gets tiring" I add. "How was the lab" Darius says to change the subject. "It was great super star over here got us kicked from the lab and Ben fell in love with a dinosaur." Yas says "I did not" Brooklyn protest. "How was poop duty?" Sammy asks. "It was awesome you should have seen how I-" kenji started but Darius cut him off. "Dominated this learning experience" Darius says quickly. "yep learned a lot about our self and um yeah" I added. Roxie looks at us suspiciously but that quickly went away when she smelled us. "Ok we'll head back to camp and take a shower" Roxie said. "And use soap... lots of soap" Ben added. They drove off and we started walking back to camp. "There is no way we can let them find out about toro" Darius said. "Agreed" I added. "Dang I can't believe I save your life and no one will know" kenji says. "We'll know" Darius adds. Kenji smiles and we keep walking. "Ok but you know dinosaurs didn't die by their own farts right?" I asked. "Prove me wrong bro" kenji says proud. "There's a lot that- ok first I'm going to take a 5 hour shower then where going to talk about this" Darius says. We all laughed and continued to talk and walk back to camp.