5] cursed

1] Lord parshurama's curse :

One day, when Lord parashurama was sleeping on Karna's lap, a bee stung karna on the lower portion of his thigh

It was very painful and he started bleeding. However, fearing that if he moved his legs, he would awaken lord parashuram, he did not move at all and continued to suffer.

When Lord parashurama woke up, he saw karna bleeding. Lord parashurama immediately realized that a ordinary brahmin cannot suffer such intense pain. "Only a warrior can endure so much pain".

Karna was finally forced to reveal his identity. Lord parashuram could not digest the fact that he had taught a warrior all the knowledge that he possessed as he considered all kshatriyas as his enemy.

"He therefore cursed Karna that as he had learnt through deceit, he shall forget the skills when it is most wanted".

Thus in the Mahabharata war, karna had to get down from his chariot to push it out as a wheel had got stuck in mud. If he had remembered his lessons he could have used other means to remove the wheel from mud without getting down and dropping his bow.

2] A brahman's curse :

Karna, once when practicing the "Shabd Bhedi vidya", mistook a cow for a wild animal and shoots it down. The brahman to whom the cow belongs is distraught.

He curses karna that "he will be killed by his enemy when his attention is diverted in the middle of a combat".

This curse materializes when karna is busy in removing his chariot wheel from the mud and is shot by arjuna, on the advice of Lord shri krishna.

3] curse of dharti maa (mother earth) :

Once karna's horses make a loud noise and small girl holding ghee in a vessel spills it out of fear

Once karna's horses make a loud noise and small girl holding ghee in a vessel spills it out of fear. He offers to buy her new ghee but the little girl is stubborn and wants the same old ghee which is now mixed with mud/earth.

He however takes a fistful of earth and squeezes it till he gets some ghee out of it. Mother Earth unable to bear the pain, punishes him saying :-

"For a little girl, you have caused so much pain to me. When you are about to kill your enemy, your chariot will sink into earth".

This curse materializes during the war & arjuna took this opportunity in killing karna.