Chapter 9: Bloody Bride

Teenage years are fleeting, filled with fun, joy, and unexpected woes

This is why, when Felix sighed at the same time Blair did, he knew that they were wasting time doing nothing.

They were in drama class, the class where they first met, going over lines for auditions in a play for December.

"This script is so dry..." Felix grumbles, glaring at the words on the pages. "Who wrote this?"

"Our teacher..." Blair states with an obvious tone.

"We'll it sucks. The dialogue makes us sound like robots." Felix huffs. "Let's talk about something else. What are we gonna do for Halloween?" He sets the stapled stack of papers down.

"Talk to the dead person in my closet," Blair stated immediately, her dark eyes direct and unwavering.

Felix couldn't hide his grin before shaking with laughter, the rest of the class not understanding when Blair was joking. She chuckles with him, however to the outsiders of the conversation, it seemed like she was plotting a murder with her laugh.

"That sounds fun and all, but seriously. What should we get for our costumes." Felix wipes away a tear.

"You seem quite certain that I was going to spend Halloween with you." Blair crosses her arms, wanting to tease him a little.

Felix slowly turns beet red.

"Oh uh sorry!" He squeaks out. "Do you have any plans?"

"I don't hear any of the lines of the script being read over there!" The drama teacher scowled in their direction.

Blair didn't mean to, but the death stare she gave made the teacher almost drop their coffee onto their white shirt.

Felix sighed and picked up where they left off.

"Let's see um...
Unto the white-upturned wondering eyes
Of mortals that fall back to gaze on him
When he bestrides the lazy-pacing clouds
And sails upon the bosom of the air"

Blair flips through the pages of the script. "That's not... how it was written in here."

"I memorized the actual Romeo and Juliet script. This knock-off would be burned if I was in charge of this damn play." Felix crosses his arms. "I sure as hell won't be Romeo but being a narrator ain't so bad."

Blair blinks twice before setting down her packet, and clearing her throat.

"O Romeo, Romeo! wherefore art thou Romeo?
Deny thy father and refuse thy name;
Or, if thou wilt not, be but sworn my love,
And I'll no longer be a Capulet."

Her tone was silky and sweet, her eyes gleaming with adoration and sadness as if Juliet herself possessed her.

Felix was stunned, a single verse in a play that he thought he was the only one to memorize was transformed so vividly by the girl in front of him that he didn't know what to say.