Chapter 3: Murder Scene

Today was a good day

Today was a good day. A new morning with perfect weather, and a favorable drool-worthy smell that danced throughout Blair's kitchen.

"Almost done..." she whispered to herself, piping the a dollop onto the last red velvet cupcake. "Perfect."

She packaged it with the rest in a black food container, closing it with a satisfying click.

"Off to school." She grabs her necessary essentials plus the cupcakes, walking slowly on her groaning wooden floor.

"Farewell, Mochi. I shall return in the evening." She bowed her head slightly towards her feline. She found Mochi in a cornfield that her grandparents tended to some years ago, the black ball of fur shivering from the night breeze.

Mochi warmed up to her quickly, which was a first for Blair, but maybe it was their reputations with bad luck that made their bond much easier to connect with.

Mochi meowed at the top of the staircase, peering down at Blair with kind, yet sharp green eyes.

Then Blair was out the door, her shadow darkening with the sunrise.

"Oh...well I have a stomachache right now. So, I can't eat one." The last classmate Blair offered a cupcake to said.

She wondered how everyone in the class could coincidentally have stomach issues today of all days.

She was at her wit's end, so she simply shut the container with a loud snap, making everyone jump, then sat in her seat. A dark cloud formed on top of her head.

Everyone could feel the tainted atmosphere around her like it was suffocating them.

She couldn't get the first comment they made out of her head.

What are those, they look like mutilated animals.

It was a whisper amongst themselves, but Blair has ears. She likes strawberry jam to be marbled into the cream cheese frosting, she didn't know that her decorating skills were as bad as they said.

"Mornin." Felix makes himself known, dropping his backpack onto the floor and flopping into his chair.

Blair was too busy glaring at the black container in front of her to notice him.