Chapter 7: Poltergeist

The horror manga bounced on Felix's bed when he tossed it away from his body, finishing the damn thing in only thirty minutes

The horror manga bounced on Felix's bed when he tossed it away from his body, finishing the damn thing in only thirty minutes. He stared up at his ceiling which was covered with horror and thriller movie posters, even ones that weren't out yet.

"I'm boreeeedddddd." Felix moans.

He pulls out his phone and dials the bestest friend in the entire world.

"Hello," Blair answers.

"I'm boreeeedddddd." He repeated with even more dramatics, swinging his arm in the air for effect.

"We'll that's no good." She sympathizes.

"Boredom is the enemy." He grumbles.

"Agreed."

Both sides of the line remained quiet for a moment, the silence almost as cutthroat as Michael Myers. Felix's eyes trace over the characters on his posters as he tries to figure out what to say.

"Have you ever been to a haunted maze before?" He asks.

"Yes. However, I can't say it went well..." Blair mumbles.

Felix sits up quickly on his bed. "Ohh can I guess what happened? Please!"

The girl sighs but gives him the go-ahead.

"It was a dark and chilling night..." Felix begins with a dramatic edge in his tone.

"No. Wrong."

"What?! I'm wrong?!"

"It was in the afternoon, my grandparents had their own cornfield back then and they decided to do a corn maze one year, I was helping them out when..."

"Oh no... don't tell me..."

"Kids started to think I become a living scarecrow and started running for their lives." Blair reminisced. "Fun times. I guess the nickname you gave me fits." The sarcasm was evident.

"Well, this maze will be different. I promise." He affirmed.

"We'll see..."