Chapter 8: Women Are The Scariest

"Can I ask you a question?" Blair hands Felix a red velvet cupcake she made the night before

They sat at their usual spot under the cursed tree, eating their lunch together.

The day's aroma is filled with cinnamon and spices for the deep autumn season. It was a clear sky with a relaxed sun, browning leaves falling every second.

Felix happily accepted the cupcake with an enthusiastic thank you, using his hand to gesture to go ahead with the question. He loved her snacks as much as he loved her curiosity.

"Is there a reason why you like horror stuff so much?" She asks, getting some frosting on her nose.

He wipes it away with his thumb. "There is." He licks it off his finger.

Blair doesn't comment on his action, wondering if he would do it again if she got something on her face a second time. But she was more interested in what he had to say.

She scoots closer with a curious look, blinking once in his direction.

He lets out a breathy laugh. "Alright alright. I'll tell you. Don't have to beg for it." He says jokingly.

Blair snacks on another cupcake, waiting for him to continue.

"But, I have to show you something first for you to understand." He smiles.

She tilts her head slightly, wondering what it is he wants to show her. "Is it a dead body?"

"Nope." He pops the p.

"Another ghost investigation?"

"Try again."

"A satanic ritual sight?"

"I already showed you that."

"Oh yeah..."

Felix smirks slightly with a soft glimmer in his eyes, "It's far more simple, but I think you'll like it."

"Your room makes mine look like Candy Land," Blair comments as soon as she steps in

"Your room makes mine look like Candy Land," Blair comments as soon as she steps in. Spinning a couple of times to not miss a single detail.

"Whatever, you're totally digging it. I can see it on your face." Felix pulls out a shoebox from his closet.