Chapter 10 -In the dark of the night-

(WOOOO FINALLY AT CHAPTER 10!!!!! Hope you enjoy!)

-Third P.O.V.-

   The hounds that led the guards to the Hatter's place continued to sniff around the yard. Glitch stood next to his horse, talking with the guards he had search the house. "There's no sign of them anywhere, it's like they just disappeared." This confused him, how could they have known they were coming? Were they warned? He was about to speak when one of the hounds started to bark, meaning they found which way the group went. Glitch made his way to the barking hound. "So that's where they went. How many are with them?" The hound sniffed the ground again before answering. "Besides the Hatter and the Alice there's another five scents, so they have quite a large group."

   Glitch nodded, he turned around and whistled to get the other guards attention. "They're in a group of seven, if we make good pace we can catch them off guard and capture them without much of a fight." That got nods from the guards. Glitch let them start to follow the trail as he mounted his horse, catching up and pacing with the other guards.

-With our Alice and his strange group of friends-

   The group had been traveling for some time now, they were taking a break. Cheshire was laying on a low branch, Dormouse was napping on his back and the twins, Dee and Dum, were messing around with his tails. At the base of the same tree, the Hatter and Steve were sat down, Hatter was watching the Alice draw. The white rabbit was pacing back and forth next to the tree. Steve looked up from his drawing, a question falling in his mind. "Hey Cheshire, where are we even going?" Lefty stopped what he was doing to agree with the Alice. "Yeah I'd like to know that too." Molten rolled his eyes as if the answer was obvious. "We are going to the kingdom."

   The Alice scratched at his face a bit before asking another question. "You guys might not be recognized but me and Hatter probably will be. How will we get in?" Cheshire got up, being careful to make sure Baby didn't fall off the tree. "I'll teleport you and Hatter into a secluded place along with myself, the other four will go through the main gate. Hatter, you know those streets better than anyone here, what would be the best place for all of us to meet up?" Bryan thought on it a bit. "In the town park there's a more wooded area, is quiet and no one really goes there. But I'm not sure if it's still there, I haven't been inside the kingdom for a long time." Cheshire nodded, he said he'd scout it out before bringing the three of them there. After a bit more resting, the group started to head towards the kingdom once again, being led by Cheshire.

-Steve's P.O.V.-

   The sky was starting to turn orange, telling us that it was going to get dark soon. Dee and Dum were walking next to me, I was right behind Cheshire (Mainly cause he was making sure I didn't fall behind). Dormouse was on white rabbit's back, and Hatter was walking next to Cheshire. I heard Dee yawn before Dum spoke. "Hey Cheshire? How long are we gonna be walking for? We're getting tired." Dee leaned on me a bit. "Yeah...-yawn-..actually...can't you just teleport us there?" I hadn't thought about that. Why hadn't he teleported us? I'm sure it would have been easier to get away earlier if he had just done that. Cheshire shook his head. "The more people I teleport, the shorter the distance I can go. It would also take way to much energy for me to teleport us all." The twins made noises of annoyance, I just nodded in understanding.

   Once the orange of the sky began to dim more, we could barely see anything. "Um, Cheshire...I think we should stop here. It's to hard to see, we'll get lost." I held on to one of his tails a bit more, I could feel Lefty and Righty do the same. Cheshire stopped walking. "Ah that's right, forgot you lot can't see in the dark like I can." He then pulled two carry lanterns out of nowhere. I was in awe. "How'd you do that?" He put his hands up and shook them a bit. "Magic." He then handed one of the lanterns to Hatter. "I'll lead, you make sure they don't fall too far back." Hatter nodded, coming around to stand behind me and the twins. White rabbit moved a bit closer to all of us and Dormouse got off his back, onto one of Molten's tails, and climbing up to his back instead.

   With that we continued to follow him, the light from the two lanterns helped a lot. Everything was silent, the only noise being our footsteps. I don't know how long we were walking, but my legs began to hurt and I started to get tired as well, I could tell white rabbit was tired also. All of a sudden Cheshire stopped moving, causing some of us to bump into him. I fell into a sitting position, he turned around and looked at us. He sighed. "Alright, we'll rest here for a bit. Sleep while you can." The twins made sounds of relief and plopped down next to me. I could hear Hatter sit down behind us. And I'm pretty sure that Dormouse was already asleep.

-Third P.O.V.-

   It didn't take long for the six of them to fall asleep, Molten however, stayed up to keep watch as he didn't really need sleep. He looked behind himself to look at the group he was with. The light from the lanterns illuminated the area, he was surprised the light didn't make it any harder for them to sleep. He sighed and laid on his back, looking up at the night sky. It was dotted with stars, and the moon was in its crescent. He put a hand to his own head, moving around his hair. He continued to mess with it till it sat comfortably and covered a past memory. He continued to stare at the endless sky until he heard one of the six stir. Looking over he saw that the Alice had woken.

   Steve looked around before his eyes landed on Molten. "Your still up?" Cheshire just nodded a little before turning his attention back to the star filled sky. The Alice moved himself next to Cheshire, looking up at the sky as well. "You seem to like stargazing, do you do that with Hatter?" Molten moved his arms behind his head before answering. "No, it's something I used to do with-..." He paused, some old memories popping in his mind.

   "Oh look! You can see the Ursa Major constellation so well from here!" The small pure white bear-cat looked to up in the sky where his owner was pointing. A small noise of excitement exited the creature when he saw said constellation. His young owner giggled, a warm smile on his face. His hand combed through the fur of- "Cheshire?" The memory was interrupted, Steve was looking at him with slight concern. "Yeah..?" "Are you alright? You kinda zoned out there." Molten put a hand on his head, making sure it was covered. "I'm fine... just some memories. You should sleep some more, we have a lot of traveling to do." Steve nodded, going back to where he was sleeping before. Getting comfortable before laying down, he fell asleep not long after that.

   Molten looked up at the sky again. Thoughts running through his head, he tried to not look back on his past but it couldn't be helped. 'Why did your kindness run dry?... You said you loved me but left me to die.' Black tears started to run down his face, but his gaze never left the endless void full of stars. He rapped his tails around himself, the silent cries slowly turned into sobbing. He hugged himself, the thoughts of sadness turned to anger just as they did years ago. 'You lied to me, you REPLACED me so you could have something BETTER! What was wrong with me?!' He sat there for a bit, the tears had stopped, his eyes glowing brightly. 'Was I not good enough...? Or did I do something wrong...? Why... Why was I left behind?...'

-Mmm, tragic backstory, gotta love it. Anyways, I wonder why he was really left behind... I guess a fake tale will make anyone believe something...-