Chapter 6 -The Mad Hatter's tea party!-

-Steve's P

-Steve's P.O.V.-

   'He looks so odd...' I was walking with Molten- well, he said to call him Cheshire... Him and I were heading to the Hatter's house, but I was a tad bit worried. 'He was outcasted? Is he bad then? And there is a king of this place, I wonder who he is.' I was so lost in my own thoughts that I guess I was falling behind a bit because Cheshire wrapped one of his tails around me and pulled me closer to him. 'Why does he have two tails? He's probably the most confusing creature I've met so far.' I jumped a little when he spoke. "You think far too much." That confused me, could he read minds? My head tilted to the side a bit and I was going to ask but I was interrupted. "I can tell your thinking by the look on your face, you disassociate and stare at nothing."

   My face went red in embarrassment, I hadn't known I did that when I thought about things. "Oh you don't have to be embarrassed, it's fine that you think a lot. You just need to be careful when asking questions... ask too many and you'll get yourself killed." I was shocked. Killed? For asking questions?! I tried to move away from him a little, but I was stopped by his hand on my shoulder. "Relax, I'm not like most of the residents here in wonderland. I may be a little crazy, but I don't kill for stupid reasons. Same goes with the friends you've made, but they're more silly than the are crazy, but they wouldn't hurt a fly." I nodded at that, feeling a little more comfortable than before.

   We walked a bit longer till Cheshire spoke again. "We are almost there. When we get there you won't see me, but I'll still be there." What did he mean by that? "And another thing..." I looked up at him. "Please don't mind the Hatter's behavior, he's pretty mad~" I nodded "If he's feeling upset why is he hosting a tea party? Wouldn't he want to cool off first?" That earned a laugh from my new friend, but I was confused, had I said something funny? "Oh my my my! You misunderstand, he is not mad as in he's upset. I mean he's mad as in he's bat shit crazy! Insane even!" He started laughing, his laughs made him sound insane. 'So is this Hatter guy bad? Did the king outcast him cause of how crazy he was? I'm not so sure I want to go, but I don't think I have a choice. The way white rabbit described him before made him sound so nice.'

   Once Cheshire's laughter had stopped he turned to look at me, I was just scared at this point. I starred back at him with slight terror in my eyes, his unnatural smile fell. The look he gave me was soft, it calmed me a bit, I'm not sure why. "Don't worry, the Hatter won't hurt you. He's a nice guy, he's just not all there. He is called the Mad Hatter after all~" It's an odd title for sure, but I wasn't as scared as before. The soft way he spoke about the Hatter made him seem less scary.

   Straight ahead of us I could see a clearing through the trees, and I could see what looked to be a white fence. "Is that the Hatter's place?" I was given a nod in response. As soon we got to the edge of the clearing I could hear some voices, I looked around the yard. My eyes landed on the large table, at it sat five people, three of which I recognized. I looked beside me expecting to see Molten, but he was gone. 'He said that I wouldn't be able to see him but he'd still be here, guess he can go invisible or something like that.'