Chapter 8 -Into town!-

-Hope you enjoy 💜-

-Third P.O.V.-

   It was quiet as dawn broke the night sky, the sun's warm beams of light casted over Wonderland. The bright rays made one stir in his sleep as they hit his face through the window of the room he rested in. It didn't take long for him to wake. Sitting up, stretching with a yawn and rubbing his eyes, he looked around. 'Where am I? Wasn't I at the pizzeria?...oh wait... that's right, I fell down a hole and ended up here...' It took him a minute to remember all that had happened just yesterday. He then started to recall what had happened that night and the tale of the Hatter's outcast.

   Moving the blanket off himself, he turned, letting his legs fall of the bed. A knock on the door startled him a bit. Then came the muffled voice of Cheshire. "You awake Alice? The Hatter is making breakfast." He stood up heading to the door, opening it. "Yeah I'm up." In front of him was Cheshire in his usual form. "Well c'mon then, it'll be done soon." Steve nodded, following close behind the bear-cat.

   As they headed to the kitchen they could smell the food the Hatter was making. "What is he making? It smells really good." Molten chuckled. It's just some bacon and pancakes, nothing special really. You act like you've never tried it before." The red eyed male awkwardly laughed. "Um well... that's cause I really never have tried it, or any food for that matter." That made the creature stop walking, he turned around to look at the Alice. "What? That's not possible, if you never ate before entering Wonderland then you'd be dead." The Alice scratched his face a bit. "That's the thing though, before coming here I wasn't human, I was a robot. I was built to entertain kids." The last bit was a little lie, as entertainment wasn't the original reason he was built.

   Cheshire stood there, arms crossed as he thought. "That's quite strange... I don't believe that this has ever happened before. All the Alice's I know of were always human." Then a thought went through his head that was left unsaid. 'I suppose that could be why it was you that the scroll showed. Your special, different from the others.' He shook the thought off, gesturing for the Alice to follow him. Now in the kitchen Steve went to sit down as Cheshire walked over to the Hatter, placing a kiss on his cheek. The Hatter smiled and returned the kiss. "You two are just in time, foods ready!"

-After they ate, Steve went to take a shower and change into his now clean light blue dress shirt and white vest-

   The Alice was walking to the living room, struggling to do his bow tie. "Need help there kid?" He was greeted by the Hatter. "Yeah...I don't really know how to tie this." Bryan laughed a little and helped Steve with his bow tie. "There, now, come along." Steve followed behind the Hatter to the front door. "Cheshire, I'm taking Steve to the town nearby to buy a few things." All he got was a wave in response from the odd being, who was on the couch reading a book.

   Once they got to the white gate, the Hatter turned to the Alice. "Keep your hand on my arm so you don't get lost." The brunette nodded, doing as told. They then entered the forest. After a small bit of walking a thought occurred to Steve. "Wait I thought you weren't aloud into the kingdom?" The Hatter's gaze stayed focused in front of him. "This is a town outside of the kingdom walls. While yes, there are some of the kings guards watching over it, they don't seem to mind me shopping there." The explanation earned a nod from the Alice.

   The two soon came to a much larger clearing, many houses and some shops were visible, as well as a field for growing crops. As they walked closer to the town Hatter looked over to Steve. "You can let go of my arm now, just don't stray far from me." Steve nodded and let go, now walking close behind the Hatter. "Hey Hatter? What about the guards, I thought the king wanted to kill Alice's?" Bryan gave him a soft smile. "Don't worry, it's Saturday, there won't be any guards. They're too busy with the king's pet dire wolf."

   Walking through the town, Steve was looking everywhere, it all looked so interesting! All the people that walked by them looked a bit strange to him but it just made him curious. Some would wave to the two, both waving back. The Hatter made his way into a bakery, the Alice close behind him. It didn't look to be that busy but no one was in the front, the Hatter rung the bell on the counter. A female voice spoke "I'm coming you Mad Hatter, give me a sec." Bryan chuckled. "How do you always know it's me Baker?" Another familiar face to Steve walked in from the back. "Your the only guy I know who rings the damn bell like that." Steve looked on in confusion. "Is that Chica?..." The question was a whisper.

   Baker's attention was drawn to the short male behind Hatter. "Who's your friend there?" Bryan moved out of the way a little. "This is Steve, he's new here in Wonderland." The glamrock Chica lookalike gasped. "An Alice? I haven't ever seen one face to face! How long have you been in Wonderland darling?" Steve was a bit nervous but spoke. "About a day... I think." She looked surprised. "A day?! I'm surprised the king hasn't heard of this yet!" The Hatter just smiled. "The king isn't going to find out about him." "You mean your not going to give him up? The king will have your head if you hide an Alice from him! And who knows, he might let you back in the kingdom if you turn him in." The Hatter sighed, Steve looked a bit scared.

   "Even if that was a possibility, I wouldn't want to return to the kingdom... the forest feels more at home for me, plus it's nice and quiet. Perfect for tea parties." Baker rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say Hatter. Anyways, what are you looking to get?" "Just some bread, any kind is fine." She nodded and went to the back once again. The Hatter ushered Steve to one of the tables. They sat down and talked a bit, Steve started drawing.

   After about 30 minutes Chica came back out with two loaves of bread. "Two loaves of bread for one Mad Hatter and one Alice." Hatter got up, paying for the bread and thanking her. He then walked over to the Alice, tapping his shoulder. "Come now, we have more shopping to do." Steve stood, putting all his drawing material back in his bag. "Bye Baker!" The Alice waved as they left the bakery.

   They continued walking through town, stopping at shops. After a bit, Hatter said it was time to head back. As he entered the forest, Steve grabbed his arm, staying close by his side as they left. Unknown to them, one lower rank guard was on post, he ran back to the kingdom after getting a few pictures of the Alice. Once the alligator guard had reached the doors of the castle he was stopped by a mid rank guard. "I need to speak with the king." "The royal highness is busy, and you are meant to be at your post." The alligator guard held up the pictures. "There's an Alice! I must speak to the king!" The mid rank guard's eyes widened at the pictures. He looked to the other guard at the door. "Let him in."

-???'s P.O.V.-

   I looked at the photos that had been given to me as I walked to the throne room. 'An Alice... I can't believe it...' The guard that had brought them was walking a little bit behind me. We reached the throne room, the guards that were at the door immediately opened it for us. Inside the king sat on his throne, his ears twitched when we got closer. "Glitch, I'm assuming you have good reason to be interrupting?" I nodded.

   "There is an Alice, this guard here saw it and took a few pictures." The king's face became one of surprise. "Hand me these pictures! I need to see this for myself..." I did as told and gave my king the pictures. He looked at them, I could see how fast his eyes scanned over them. "How is this possible? No Alice has been seen for 6 years!" He looked behind me, I turned around to look at the low ranking guard. "Why didn't you cease this Alice?!?" The guard looked scared. "U-Um...Well...he w-wasn't alone...your hi-highness..." I cocked my eyebrow. "Who was with him?" He gulped. "Spit it out already!" The king's voice was harsh. "T-the Mad Hatter!" I felt my heart sink at the name. 'God damn it Bryan... why can't you learn to keep your head down.' I looked to the king, he didn't look happy.

   I got everyone to leave the throne room, leaving me alone with Spring. I walked back over to him. "That stupid cursed man... it'll be off with his head when I have the guards go fetch him and the Alice!" He looked over to me and sighed. I took that as an invite to scoop him into my arms, sitting down on the throne with him in my lap. "Relax my love, we will get the Alice. That damn prophecy on that old scroll won't come true." He just sighed again, putting his face in the golden fur of my neck as I combed through his yellowish green fur on his head. "I'll kill every Alice, nothing is going to stop us."

-The king has found out about our Alice, I wonder what will happen now?-