Chapter 13

Thomas waited until Newt turned the showed on. Once he heard the water drip and hit of the shower, he jumped of the bed.

She frantically searched for his shirt around the place, spotting it along the far side of the room.

He immediately pulled his jeans on and looked back at the bathroom. Newt was still in the shower so Thomas picked up his shirt and lazily put it on.

Thomas quietly walked towards the door and pulled the handle.

"Going somewhere, Tommy-".

Thomas jumped from fright and turned to face Newt. He bit his lip and put his hands in his pocket.

"I'll get killed- if they find out" Thomas spoke looking Newt in the eyes.

Newt rolled his eyes and walked closer to Thomas. He placed his hand on Thomas' cheek, he noticed it was very cold and pale.

"Are you scared-" Was all Newt could ask.

Thomas stayed still for seconds if not minutes. He could feel his body tensing up so he brushed Newt's hand of his face.

"I have reasons-"

Newt eyed him suspiciously, which made Thomas slightly uncomfortable. Thomas gulped louder than he expected and Newt's attention was drawn back to Thomas.

"What reasons-"

"Reasons-"

It looked as if Newt was about to go mad, his face was pure red and smoke could come out of his ears any second.

The only thing Thomas could think of was leave before making the situation worse.

He didn't exactly know why in first place he even followed Newt back to the East Senturie.

Suddenly Thomas was tackled to the floor, he looked up and seen a pair of wild eyes looking down at him.

"Food-"

Thomas gulped and bit his lip looking away towards another direction. He knew that only Newt could help- but not after Thomas leaving.

"Please get of me-" Thomas asked as calmly as possible but it came out as a yelp.

Thomas turned his head to face the stairs and seen Newt walking down, lazily staring into the distance. It was clear he was trying to ignore the situation.

Once the crank seen Newt he was about to get off but surprisingly Newt just walked by giving him a small pat on the back.

"Fine then-" Thomas yelled and closed his eyes.

The crank lightly bit into his ear and jumped of at a sudden sound. Thomas didn't dare to open his eyes, as he heard a lot of screaming.

He felt himself being dragged along the ground by a pair of strong arms. He didn't care who or what it was, he just wanted to leave.

He wanted to go back to Minho and watch a movie. And he wanted to go back to Gally to talk about life.

He was fed up of all this crank stuff that he just jumped out of the man's grip and started running in an unknown direction.

He didn't dare to look, he ran as fast as his feet could carry him. But this didn't last long, someone pulled him around the corner by his arm.

"Shut up- just for a minute" The voice spoke before Thomas could ask any questions.

Once all the cranks ran past them the guy turned to face Thomas. He raised his eye brows and bit his lip.

"Gally-" Thomas whispered in disbelief moving in for a hug. But Gally pulled away immediately.

"Why are you in the East Senturie?" Gally whisper yelled at Thomas.

All Thomas could do was shrug his shoulders and blink a few times. There was no way he would admit to anyone what he had done.

Gay rights have been banned 57 years ago by some stupid WICKED leader and its totally illegal to be gay.

But Thomas believed in being gay, he had a weird story to it. Apparently you're born gay, but Thomas was different.

He turned gay for the someone, he was straight as long as he could remember but he had a strong feeling about gay people, so he wanted to show everyone that everyone should be treated the same.

Gay people are no less than straight people, they don't have 13 heads and they don't go around injecting "turn into gay" injections.

Thomas looked at Gally but he was looking down at his feet. Thomas felt that Gally knew what he did.

Even though Gally wasn't a rule follower, he still made a promise like everyone else in the other three Senturies.

The West, North and South all made a promise that they would never get into friendly or sexual contact with anyone from the East Senturie.

And part of the promise was to tell the WHC. (WICKED House Court) if anyone you know had been in friendly or sexual contact with an Easter.

Thomas gulped and tried to figure out what Gally was thinking. "I'm not gonna tell them -" he suddenly spoke.

Confusion filled Thomas' face but a smile was seen on his face. But Thomas knew Gally to well, he gave Gally a small pat on the back and started backing away.

"Gally- no matter what your still my brother -" Thomas yelled as he ran towards the old train station. He looked back in case Gally was running after him.

He hoped that Gally would change his mind but no. Only the sound of the wind was left behind Thomas. He took a deep breath and instead of running his usual way to the West, he started heading South.

Thomas knew that his brother Max lived in the South. He had to make it there before he gets caught so he sped off, knowing Gally already told the WHC.

****
This update turned into a discussing. I swear I don't know how I started writing that but I decided to leave it.

Right guys 1.9k we are so close to 2k. Like seriously as I said before I never thought anyone would read it.

So my dear shucks lets get this story to 2k, so if you don't mind share with your friends! But we should keep reading to actually make it happen.

And my shucks don't forget to Vote and comment. AND I ALMOST FORGOT the Scorch Trial- trailer is out. Go watch it of you didn't see it yet!