8. Just a breath of air

It had been a couple days since the Alison incident and ever since the hostages had been closely watched. Everyone was slightly going crazy. Being stuck in here for this long sucked.

"I'm going to take the hostages to the roof for some fresh air." Denver said. "Moscow's coming with me. Does anyone want to join us?"

"I'll go." You said. "This fresh air will be good." Denver smiled and nodded. You, Denver, and Moscow led the hostages to the roof. Everyone put on Dali masks before exiting the bank. Everyone seemed satisfied. The sky was a bit bluer out here than it was inside. You took a deep breath.

"Where's Monica!" Arturo shouted suddenly. Oh great. You thought. Here we go again. "You killed her!" He began waving his gun (it was fake) at you, Denver, and Moscow. You followed your friends as you knelt to the ground and put your hands behind your head. "YOU KILLED HER!" Arturo's voice was filled with rage. "YOU KILLED HER!" Slowly, the hostages followed your movements and soon Arturo was the only one standing. You saw a glint of glass.

"GET DOWN!" You yelled. "SNIPER!" But Arturo was stupid. He got shot. The hostages screamed and began running back into the bank. So much for some fresh air. You and Denver lugged Arturo back into the bank. He keeped muttering 'you killed her'.

~time skip~

You and the gang had managed to get some doctors in the bank to treat Arturo's bullet wound. Everyone had their masks on and had guns (except the hostages who had fake ones). You were standing next to Helsinki next to the button that opened the door. Berlin collected all the electronic gadgets/other things from the people and gave them to you and Helsinki. There was a pare of glasses and Berlin quickly instructed you to put a tracker in it. Smart. You returned the glasses to the man. The gang let them pass and you met Denver's eyes. Well, behind the dali mask.

"Denver, Sokovia, come with me." Berlin ordered. You and Denver followed him out of the lobby.

"What is it Berlin?" You asked.

"Where did you put the body?" Berlin said in a hushed tone. You met Denver's eyes and looked back at Berlin.

"In a vault." You said. "Vault three. No one goes in there."

"Move her." Berlin ordered. "We need to get rid of the body." You nodded. Berlind walked back to the lobby.

"Come on." Denver said. "Let's get this over with." You followed him to vault three. The body of Monica was still there. You grabbed her legs and Denver took her arms. You dropped her off at a secure spot and headed back with Denver to the lobby. The three had started Arturo's surgery. You stopped in the doorway, watching the scene. You saw the one with the glasses glance around at the filled lobby. You saw that Berlin had seen him too. You turned away as Berlin spoke to the man. You walked away from the lobby and heard feet coming up behind you. You turned to see Denver. "What are you doing?" He asked. "Where are you going?"

"Just for a walk." You said. "It's a bit to hectic in there." Denver laughed.

"I know." He said, his smile wide. "So, where to?" You grinned back.

"You know what I'm up for."

Denver smiled and kissed you.

"Gladly."

~time skip~

When you and Denver returned to the lobby the three had just finished and were packing up the supplies.

"Was the surgery a succes?" You asked Tokyo. She nodded. "That's good." The three finished and were let out of the building.

"Hopefully they don't find that tracker thing any time soon." Rio said once the doors closed.

"Yeah." Helsinki said. "Hopefully."

~time skip~

Night time. Everyone was sleeping. Except you. Denver. Tokyo. And Rio. You and Denver had seen Tokyo and Rio walking through the mint's hallways. But, since then, it's just been you two. Alone.

His soft lips pressed against yours as your back was pressed against the cold wall of a room. Your fingers were locked into his hair, his were on your back. You didn't want this moment to end. You met Denver's blue eyes as the tips of his lips curved into a smirk.

"You look beautiful." He muttered. You smiled.

"Well, not as much as you." You kissed him, feeling him instantly kiss back.

~time skip~

The next morning Nairobi took the hostages to work in the mint. Printing money. She did a good job, her motivational speeches made everyone have a better day. Which ment today, you held your head high, emotions souring. Everyone seemed to be in good moods, mostly the gang, but there were some happy faces among the hostages. Arturito was back on his feet and moving around which was okay. You didn't exactly like seeing him rant to the hostages (his face looked like a smushed rats) and he always gave you dirty looks. He gave everyone in the gang dirty looks. After all we had ended his affair with Monica Gaztambide. But, that currently wasn't your problem. You and Denver, along with Rio and Tokyo often snuck off to have some fun. In separate rooms of course. And you didn't think Tokyo and Rio knew about you and Denver. And you also didn't think they knew about you knowing about them. I know, it's a handful.

Currently, on the other hand, you and Denver were sitting together looking out a window. There was nothing much to look at besides a bunch of cops but at least it was something to look at. Your head was held on Denver's shoulder and you were holding hands. Perfect couple material. You suddenly heard Berlin's shouting from another room. You and Denver jumped up (perfect moment ruined) and ran into the room Berlin was in.

"What's going on?" Rio asked as he and Tokyo ran into the room behind you and Denver. "Is anyone hurt?"

"No ones hurt Rio." Berlin seethed, his eyes fixed on the window.

"What the hell happened Berlin?" You demanded as the rest of the gang ran in.

"It's about the professor." Berlin said, continuing to look pissed. "He's with the inspectora. Romantically." Tokyo laughed.

"You can't be serious." She said. Berlin didn't respond.

"He probably has a good reason." You said. "He can probably manage to get the government off our backs a bit."

"And hows he going to do that?" Berlin demanded sarcastically.

"He's the professor." Moscow said. "He can do anything."

"He got us into this hell whole, he can get us out." Nairobi said. We all cheered but Berlin still looked grim.

"Get over it Berlin." You said. "He has a good reason." Berlin sighed and walked out of the room. You followed him. "Hey, what's up with you? Don't you trust our brother?"

"Yes, of course I do!" Berlin said. "But just, why does he have to get into a romantic relationship. He said none."

"He's not in here." You said. "He's not in here with the cops on our backs." Berlin finally stopped. "But what if he actually found someone?" You said. "Can't you just be happy for him."

"I am happy for him." Berlin said. "Why wouldn't I be?"

"We all have our reasons."