7. Painted rumors

"DENVER!" You yelled. But yelling wouldn't help. Berlin's bullet hit Denver in the stomach. Oslo and Helinski looked shocked. Berlin looked satisfied. You looked horrified and angry. You turned to Berlin and before he could turn his gun and shoot you, you had him pinned up against the wall with a knife to his throat. "You weren't supposed to shoot anyone in our group!" You spat. "You monster!"

"I did it for the greater good." Berlin said.

"You did it for your honor!" You shouted. Tokyo and Nairobi ran into the room. "Get medical supplies!" You shouted at them. "Now!" They immediately ran to get the first aid kit. You returned to Berlin and your knife drew blood from his neck. "You bitch." You hissed. "You think you can go strutting around the place, doing whatever you like 'cause the professor put you in charge!" Someone pulled you off Berlin.

"That's enough." Oslo said. "We need to stop Denver's bleeding." Helinski was already bending over Denver. You and Oslo leaned over Denver and helped Helinski try to stop the bleeding. The hostages, alerted by the gunshot, peeked into the room. There was a shriek from one of the students as the hostages caught a glimpse of Denver and his wound. Tokyo, Nairobi, and Rio ran into the room with medical supplies and gathered around Denver.

"What happened?" Tokyo asked.

"Berlin shot Denver." You explained.

"Why'd he do that?" Rio asked.

"Denver ruined his honor." You said, helping a clumsy Nairobi with getting the bullet out. "Get ready Denver." You said. "This is going to hurt." Denver grunted in pain as tweezers searched for the buller. Finally, after a couple panicked seconds, they found it. You pulled the bloody bullet out of Denver's chest and put it on a little metal tray. Oslo began bandaging Denver up. The hostages were still watching. Some of the women and children had their eyes covered. You pulled Denver's shirt back over the bandages and helped him up. The hostages uncovered their eyes. As you and Rio were taking Denver to his sleeping bag so he can rest, you flipped Berlin off. Once Denver was settled down Rio hurried back to the others but you stayed with him.

"Are you okay?" You asked him.

"I've been worse." Denver winced. "Why the hell did Berlin shoot me?"

"You did something to 'ruin his honor'." You said. "It's bull-shit." Denver nodded.

"Total bull-shit." He said. You smiled.

"You need rest." You said and turned to leave. Denver grabbed your wrist.

"Wait." He said. "Thank you. For everything."

"You're welcome."

~time skip~

To spice things up for the police, we staged a massacre inside the mint. All of the woman hostages were put in a line and Tokyo told them to scream as hard as they could every few seconds. We shot at printing paper like if we killed all of them at once. They wanted life proof of every hostage after the 'mass shooting'. Every video was edited. Of course it was. So the police still didn't believe us.

The professor told us, time is the most important thing in this heist. We needed as much as we could to print our 2 billion. Coronel prieto wanted to storm the Mint but as always he and the Inspectora hadn't the same opinion about things. She had another secret plan. Letting her Co inspector find out who got medication in such a big mass. Meanwhile inspectora Murillo went inside. It was well planned. 2 hours of time to print another 16 million euro. Berlin, Rio and Tokyo stood at the front without the mask. They didn't have to wear it anymore, their identity was already out. But Nairobi and I in the back had ours on. Pointing at the inspectora, Tokyo searched her body for microphones, cameras or other stuff. 

"Where's the professor?" she asked. Stupid woman, still couldn't figure out anything.

"He asked me to apologize. Due to discretion, he can't be here. Considering that his face isn't on every front page like ours." Berlin told her.

"She's unarmed."

"Rio, your turn. Do the honors." He detected her just to be completely sure. It beeped loudly at her intimate area. "Raquel. They say the police aren't stupid, but sometimes it seems that way. Did you really think you could sneak in a microphone?" He asked. Inspectora looking at the ground. "Tokyo, search her again, but this time with the enthusiasm of yours." Berlin commanded us chuckling. Tokyo got into her pants and there it was. A peripheral microphone. Rio should do something with it but he froze. I looked over his shoulder to see why. 'Rayo' was painted on it. He told me one time that's what his mum called him as a kid. It's always the weakest that destroys a plan, this time they thought it might be Rio because he's the youngest. Luckily we learned that before.

Berlin showed every hostage to her as real proof. He commented on every hostage's opinion and how he liked them. I laughed because the inspectora was seemingly annoyed by him. Who wouldn't but his charm is the only thing I like about him. Then Arturo who got brought in by me. God I fucking hate him and that face. Can't they shoot him another time? He's always up to something stupid that's risking our plan. And just as I thought about that all, Allison Parker was gone. We brought her to the toilet but she ran away. Fucking hell. Where is this rich bitch?

"Motherfucker, Alison!" Nairobi screamed.

"Come back you fucking bitch!" You screamed right after. There's more than 100,000 square feet, who knows where she is! You called the professor. He sees everything. He picked up and without you having to explain he saved us.

"Second floor, office 17, inside the safe." He told you with panic in his voice. You sprinted there with Nairobi. The safe was open.

"Get out of there you fucking kid!" You grabbed her hair and dragged her over the floor. She screamed. "Shut the hell up or I'll kill you later." You threatened her.

"Sokovia, I'll take her to Murillo, you go upstairs to look for Berlin, he seemed upset." Rio said and left with Alison Parker. You found Berlin in the cafeteria.

Sunday evening. You had never been in a heist this long. 400 million euros were printed by Nairobi whose motivational shouting was heard through the whole mint.

Once in a while you finally have some free time. You sit near one of the gigantic windows. You could see the police doing police things outside the mint and a black tent in the distance. Someone walked into it. Even though they were far away, you could tell it was the Inspectora. You waited for her to come out.

"Sokovia."

You looked up and saw Denver.

"What are you doing?" He asked. You shrugged.

"Just watching the police." You said. Denver smirked.

"Sounds boring." He said.

"It is." You said. "But we might see something the professor can't."

"He can't see everywhere." Denver agreed. You walked up to him.

"What are you going to do in your free time?" You asked. Denver watched you.

"What do you want me to do?"

You smirked.

"What do you think?"