Chapter Three: Valoria

Serina's silver tiara shimmered in the light coming from the palace windows. She wore a pale pink gown that faded to orange reminding me of a sunset, her ivory skin glowed in the morning sun making her look like a goddess. Serina's strawberry blonde hair had been wrapped up in two very neat space buns tied up with pink ribbon.
"Morning Darling!" She gave Damian a kiss on the lips smiling from ear to ear.
Damian blushed his cheeks turning pink, "You're cheerful this morning, Serina."
I felt kind of awkward just standing there and decided to voice my feelings.
"Can we go into a room where there are seats? My feet are starting to get tired of being in one place," I tried to sound polite but some of the impatience escaped me and Damian noticed.
"Let's go into the library so Mirabella can rest." He led us down the hall into a giant room covered in bookshelves from floor to ceiling.
We sat down on the chairs by the window.
"So, what are the Red Rose Kingdom's princesses and the Girdeth elf prince doing in Valoria?"
"We ran away together," Nava blurted, she covered her mouth in shock letting out a gasp.
Serina laughed shaking her head, "I certainly wasn't expecting this."
Damian didn't look surprised. "You remind me of myself when I was your age. I ran away with Naomi and Jake plenty of times."
I had forgotten how close he had been with the  King and Queen of Palania.
I had never had a chance to meet Naomi and Jake in person,  it seemed like Nava and I were the only ones who hadn't.
"It must be tough having your best friends move back and forth all the time." I didn't expect Damian to respond since he hardly even shared anything with my parents.
"Naomi and Jake have family in Talin too. I can't expect them to choose." He looked uncomfortable, his hand reaching for Serina's.
They stared at each other and leaned in closer, for a moment I thought Serina was about to kiss him.
Damian seemed to think better of it and let go of her hand, his gaze turning toward us.
Something crashed and Serina stood, carefully opening the door to the library.
"Who is there?"
She stepped outside before Damian could argue, accidentally slamming the door behind her. A scream was followed by a muffled sound and we all looked at each other in shock.
"Serina!" Damian sprang to his feet and we went outside after him.
I kicked something with my foot and it moved. I looked down and picked up Serina's silver tiara.
"There is no one out here," Azekial said.
Idiot, we knew that already. If this elf prince says something stupid again I'm going to kill him.
I slowly took a step forward looking around for any sign of movement.
I was too shocked to react to the arms that wrapped around me, taking me deeper into Valoria.
"Let go of me!" I fought to free myself. Whoever had done this wasn't foolish enough to let go.
The stranger took their dark blue hood off to reveal a boy not much older than Nava. His short hair was an unusually deep red.
"What's a girl like you doing in Valoria?" He whispered in my ear.
I punched him in the face, blood running down his nose.
He wiped the blood away with his cloak and smiled. "I deserved that. What's your name beautiful?"
"I have a name," I snapped, then grinned despite myself.
I still had the urge to punch him again but decided once was enough. "Mirabella, tell me yours. Unless I'm not supposed to know, in which case at least let me call you something other than handsome. It going to make me gag every time I say it."
He put a hand to his chest as if I had put a sword through it. "Ouch, I'm Menxa. And no, I don't care if you know who I am because I trust that you won't tell anyone."
Menxa was wearing a strangely feminine green outfit with a piece of purple fabric hung over his right shoulder.
"Why are you wearing a dress?"
"It's a Varél, it's for both genders, unlike dresses." Menxa corrected, if he was offended he didn't show it.
My arm was starting to hurt from his tight grip.
"You don't even know me."
"Fair enough, but at the very least you won't kill me."
"You kidnapped Queen Serina and you expect me to trust you?" I wrenched my arm free, folding my arms. I felt the anger clawing its way up my throat.
Menxa held up his hands in surrender, "I'll take you to her if you want. Unless you want to keep insulting me."
You don't seem very insulted. "What do you want in return?" I demanded.
Menxa laughed, "You don't understand. I don't want anything, this offer is free."
"You must want something. Someone like you wouldn't just give away your hostage."