|CHAPTER NINE|

*DAVE'S POV*
Man, I don't know what's up with me. But seeing Star in that music video with Chris?

Did something to me.

Almost like I felt... jealous of the connection they had.

Even though they aren't in a relationship, seeing them kiss and touch all over each other made me feel.. sick.

Why I feel like that?

I can't be catching feeling for Star.

I promised myself AND Millie that I would never.

I ain't Finna prove Millie right...

"Do you ALWAYS ramble this much about nothing when you're high?"

Star questioned me with a laugh as we were sitting on the roof of the hotel, smoking a shared blunt.

I laughed and nodded my head.

"Yeah, that's kinda what I do. My thing."

"Bro, like what if we both got super fucked up. And fell of this damn roof. We would die high."

"Girl, don't say that shit! You Finna make me paranoid as hell!"

"I'm just kidding! This Shit is so good, though. I never even knew you made your own weed."

"Yessir. East Co. The best weed you can ever have."

I said before taking my last hit, exhaling the smoke.

Starasia smoked the last little bit of the blunt.

"Do you ever think of what our lives would be like if we weren't famous? Like what we would be doing?"

"You getting a little too high over here, baby girl. Relax."

"It's just a question. Sometimes, I think about that stuff. Don't you?"

"Nah, not really. Because if I didn't become famous, I would most likely be all up in the streets, doing shit I have no business doing. I'm glad I made it as a rapper, so ion have to ever turn back to that shit."

I explained in all honesty. Star nodded.

"True. I understand that."

"What about you, though? What would you be doing if you didn't become the super star that you are, miss I love to have deep conversations?"

"Oh, hush. But, I think I would become a licensed mental health therapist. Like I told you, I love to help people. And I think mental health is very important. So yeah."

"Damn. That's wassup. That's why I fuck with you. You're never afraid to be so genuine, even though you have such a high status of fame."

"That honestly has nothing to do with my personality. I think that's the issue nowadays. People get so caught up with fame and money, they lose themselves and don't even know who they are anymore as a person. I would never let that happen to me. I know how to separate my personal self from the spotlight."