|CHAPTER FIVE|

*DAVE'S POV*
One day before tour.

Our first tour stop was Maine.

Shooter and I are already here with Ali and the rest of the crew.

Starasia and her crew will be here by tonight.

Sadly, I won't be meeting the king Usher himself.

Usher is Starasia's main manager. Not her tour manager.

"I really can't believe we're meeting the one and only Starasia Walker today."

"Nigga, shut up. You sound like a lil bitch. Get ahold of yourself. We Finna be on the road with her for a whole six months. You can't be acting like a fan girl the entire time."

I shook my head, inhaling the last puff of my blunt before walking into the hotel.

I looked at the time.

6:45pm.

Starasia and her crew are supposed to be landing around eight o'clock.

"How are you NOT hyped about this shit? She's a fucking super star!"

"Nigga, we famous! Just like her! Just cause she has a higher status of fame than us, don't mean shit."

"I'm taking it you two are talking about me?"

An unfamiliar voice came into the hotel lobby Shooter and I were in.

I looked up, seeing Starasia and another girl standing next to her.

The other girl next to her looked extremely shocked to see me.

Just as Shooter was with Starasia.

"Yeah, actually... I ain't mean no disrespect —"

"I didn't take any offense to it. I would introduce myself, but clearly we all know who I am. This is my best friend; Cyn Santana. She so happens to me a huge fan of yours."

"I sure am! It's so nice to finally meet you, Dave! I really can't believe I'm standing in front of Dave East himself."

"It's nice to meet you both, Starasia and Cyn. I thought yah weren't getting here til like eight?"

"Our flight landed a bit early. Thank god, because I am so tired. I've had a long ass few days."

"I bet. With someone as famous as you, I ain't sure how you even still function as a human being."

I chuckled, making Starasia smile a slight bit.

I then heard Shooter clear his throat, trying to get my attention.

"Aw, shit. My bad. This is my best friend Shooter. Apparently, he's a huge fan of yours."

"Isn't that sweet? Our best friends are fans of us. It's nice to meet you, Shooter. I've heard a few of your songs."

"Really? That's dope!"

"Yeah, I gave a few of your songs a listen. I also heard you and Dave's remix to Pop Smoke's Welcome To The Party. It was actually pretty dope."