FAQs

🎃 Can I write in a language other than English?

Yes, you may write in any of the following languages we are offering: Arabic, Chinese, Dutch, English, Hindi, German, Portuguese, Sinhala, Swedish and Thai

🎃 Can I participate in more than one prompt?

You can combine prompts, but your entry must follow one main prompt. At this time, we are only accepting one entry per user to be judged for the event. You are welcome to use the other prompts to write for fun.

🎃 Will my entry be disqualified if I don't use the tag?

No, your entry will not be disqualified if you don't use the tag. The tag is a way for writers and readers to check out all the wonderfully written entries for this contest.

🎃 Do you accept fanfictions?

Yes, we do allow fanfictions so long as they follow the prompts given and they do not violate copyright guidelines.

🎃 Can I use your prompts for a story I want to write even if I'm not participating?

Of course! You may use any of the prompts provided for inspiration on any current or future story of yours. You don't even have to give credit!

🎃 Can my entry be part of a one-shot collection or anthology?

Yes, you may. However, we are only allowing stand-alone to be featured on our reading lists if they win.

🎃 Can my entry be rated mature?

Yes, we are accepting mature works at this time so long as they do not violate Wattpad's Content Guidelines.

🎃 Can I submit a story I had previously written or rewrite it to fit the prompt?

Unfortunately, no. To promote a fair and creative atmosphere, we are only allowing stories that are newly written specifically for this contest.

🎃 I'm not good at making graphics. Will my cover (or lack of) be judged?

Absolutely not! Graphics will play no part in our judging criteria. We don't judge stories by their covers!

🎃 Can I change the prompt a little? For example, the character's gender, setting, or any other specific detail?

That's fine! Altering the prompt a little bit to fit your vision is fine as long as the changes are not big in nature to where the prompt is nearly not noticeable.

🎃 Can I submit a co-written entry?

Yes, you can! However, if you both publish your entry on Wattpad and you win, only one of your published works can be featured on the prized reading list.

🎃 Is this contest sponsored by Wattpad HQ?

This contest is hosted by Wattpad Ambassadors and is in no way associated with or sponsored by Wattpad HQ.

🎃 Are the judges professional or associated with Wattpad HQ or staff?

This contest is judged by Wattpad Ambassadors with judging training and is in no way associated with or sponsored by Wattpad HQ.

🎃 Will judges be participating in the Halloween Vault?

No, hosts and judges will not be participating in the Halloween Vault. This is because we want to keep the contest fair for everyone.

🎃 Will I lose the rights to my story by entering the Halloween Vault?

No, all writers will retain their rights to their entry/entries. Should a writer win any part of the contest, they have the right to accept or decline the prizes that will be offered to them.