Prompts

It's finally time to reveal all the scary prompts for this Spooktober Festival! However, before you start writing your spooky masterpiece, here are some important notes to keep in mind:

🎃 You can write the prompts in any genre you prefer.

🎃 You can combine multiple prompts, but your entry must follow one main prompt.

🎃 The prompts don't have any specific points of view so you can choose any perspective for your entry.

🎃🎃🎃

1. Your favorite character crashes your wedding trying to save you from your evil fiancé who might not be what they seem.

2. You fall in love with a person while just exchanging letters. When you go to meet them in person, their address is your ancestral home.

3. You start excavating a fossil. The last thing you expect is unexplained phenomena at nightfall.

4. It is the darkest of nights, and your parent(s) warned you not to go out. You, missing out on the Halloween party your best friend is throwing, decide to sneak out. You turn a corner and see a figure in a black hoodie with a scythe. When they turn around you see it is (one of) your parents, with half of their face human and the other half a skeleton.

5. It's Halloween Eve when you hear someone knocking on your door. You think that it is a trick-or-treater, but when you open the door, you discover a basket of eggs hatching. What comes next is horrifying.

6. The candies you got from one house had something written on wrappers, directions to be precise. They lead you to a ...

7. At one house, there's a gigantic pumpkin where you have to enter inside to get candies; there's someone waiting for you there.

8. You wake up on Halloween night, look outside your window, and see your sibling sleepwalking away from the house. You chase after them but can't catch them until they plunge into a dark lake, where there's a mysterious song that starts to pull you deep below the surface.

9. An experiment to turn super soldiers goes wrong. Soldiers who were once to serve the nation now are the real threat.

10. On your way back home from the Halloween party, you find yourself stuck in a maze all of a sudden. All you can hear is "You can check out any time you like, but you can never leave" playing in the background.

11. One of your friends invites you to a Halloween party at their place. When you reach the venue, all you can see is a graveyard and a person covered in blood waving at you.

12. You and your three friends are having a great time trick or treating on Halloween until you realize that there are now five of you.

13. On Halloween, a supernatural phenomenon plunges the world into darkness and chaos. What lurks within the shadows, waiting for humanity to fall?

14. After receiving an intriguing Halloween party invitation from an unknown source, you decide to join the fun. The moment you enter the party, you realize that there's something wrong. You're no longer in your neighborhood, and the guests aren't human at all. What do you do? How do you react?

15. This was the first Halloween after the events of End Game; with the gloomy feeling gripping their hearts, the people found it very hard to celebrate the festival. But what happens when the lost heroes come back to life on Halloween? Is it just an illusion or some sorcery?

POETRY PROMPTS

16. Use the words "shiver," "caution," and "darkness" in a poem.

17. Write an acrostic poem spelling out the word "W-I-C-K-E-D."