15: Meeting the Fam

SOOKIE

"What if she hates me?" I asked Eric. We were at the cabin and his sister was driving up with his nephew. I was pacing the living room with Finn and Sawyer on their beds watching me. When I brought home my white Pit bull puppy we learned that she was a girl, and I decided Sparky was not a girl's name.

"She won't." That didn't help.

"You don't know that," I sighed. Eric and I went to the cabin the night before to air it out and put fresh bedding on all the beds. It was a nice place. Perfect for a small family vacation, or as Jake suggested, a mancave.

I heard tires on the driveway out front and froze.

"I do. You feed me and make me eat veggies," he said. "She's a mom so she appreciates that you take care of me."

"Okay." I did make him eat a chef salad for lunch the day before. He coupled it with a McGangbang, though.

I heard the car doors open and then slam shut. He told me a little bit about her, but not much. Eric stood up when it sounded like a herd of elephants powered up the steps right before there was a knock on the door. I assumed it was his nephew.

The door flew open before either one of us could answer it. A boy already taller than me with dark hair and Eric's eyes strolled in like he owned the place. He stopped when he saw me and moments later he had Sawyer and Finn sniffing him out.

"Who's the hot girl, Uncle Eric?"

"This, you little turd, is my girlfriend Sookie. Sookie, this is my nephew Alex," Eric introduced us.

"Hello, Alex," I smiled. For once I was wearing a long gray and white maxi skirt and white t-shirt with cap sleeves. I had on light makeup, and a pair of light colored gladiator sandals. I had to look presentable for Eric's sister.

"Hi," Alex waved. He knelt down to play with the dogs. "When did you get dogs, Uncle Eric?"

"Last week. The brown one's name is Sawyer. The white one's name is Finn," Eric explained.

"Does the white one bite?" Alex asked nervously.

"No, she's a sweetheart," I told him. "She may lick you to death before she tries to bite you." Finn was seriously the sweetest girl. She was truly a nanny dog. The guy at the rescue told me she came from a family that was moving to another country and couldn't take her with them. They had two kids and they said she was very patient with them. She was a Pit bull, but she knew when to rough house and when to tone it down. It helped that she had Eric to wrestle with her when she got rambunctious.

Alex reached over to scrub Finn between her ears and she flopped over at his feet for a belly rub. Her body was moving back and forth from wagging her tail so hard. She was my happy girl. I adored her, and Eric even more for making it happen for me.

"How was the ride?" Eric asked.

"Good, except Mom made me listen to that stupid chick music she likes so much," Alex answered.

"My sister is very into anyone who ever played Lilith Fair," Eric supplied.

"I see." Speaking of his sister. A statuesque blonde walked into the room a moment later. She looked like a feminine version of Eric. Her hair was long, but pulled back in a low ponytail. Her sunglasses were pushed up on her head and her eyes went straight to me. "Hello," I smiled nervously.

"Sook, this is Pam. Pam, this is my girlfriend Sookie," Eric said.

"Nice to meet you, Sookie. Eric tells me you got him to eat broccoli last week," she said with a small smirk.