Prologue

ERIC

It was the birds that woke me up. I was curled up on my side facing the edge of the bed, which was the opposite of how I fell asleep. I reached back, expecting to feel a warm body curled up behind me, but there was nothing. The bed was still warm so I knew she hadn't been gone for too long. I turned over as the toilet flushed in the adjoining bathroom. When she came back to bed, Sookie lifted my arm to lay down under it. She made a good little spoon.

There was a chill in the spring air. Even in Louisiana it got cool out at the end of April. It was good snuggling weather. I was lucky I found a girl that enjoyed curling up with me.

"It's wrong to go pump eight pounds of buckshot into a four ounce body, right?" She knew those fuckin' birds annoyed me to no end.

"Just a little," she said quietly. Sookie's head turned so she could see me. "I like the chirp anyway. It makes me happy that they're just as happy as I feel right now."

"You're a cheeseball," I smiled sleepily. My eyes were barely open but I could see her smiling back at me. She had a pretty smile. Even first thing in the morning it went all the way to her sky blue eyes.

"And you like it," she giggled.

"I do," I confessed. In fact, I was kind of a fool for it but that was beside the point.

"Besides, the birds woke us up just in time for afternoon sex." Sookie started wiggling her ass against me.

"You would have gotten that anyway," I assured her.

"Hmm, no it would have been more like early evening sex if it wasn't for them," she replied.

"Speak for yourself, lazy bones." I kissed her neck and rubbed her hip. I was up early more often than not.

"It's so comfortable out here. I don't want to do anything but nap and fuck," she giggled again.

"One of the many reasons I like you, Miss Stackhouse," I replied in my silly Russian accent.

"What are the others?" she replied in the same accent, although nowhere near as good.

"You bring me coffee without me asking for it," I said and kissed her shoulder. "You smell good. You have a beautiful laugh. You let me play with your boobs..."

"You're good at playin' with them," she smiled. "And anything smells better than the jackholes at the shop."

"True story. Well, except Des. He smells pretty good," I joked, making her giggle.

"You're making me question your sense of smell, Mister. My non-existent gag reflex comes out to play when he walks into a room."

"It's shocking to me that you're not turned on by the intoxicating aroma of goats and Red Bull," I deadpanned.

"Intoxicating is right," she snorted, "But not the fun kind. The kind that has my stomach turning."

"Then you're glad I turned it down when he offered me a bottle of that sewage, huh?" I chuckled and pulled her little body closer to mine.

"Me too. That would have been a huge turn off," she said, slowly moving her butt up and down my cock. "You would've gotten a big fat hell no when you asked me out."

I didn't really ask her out as much as I asked her if she wanted to come over and hang out. One thing led to another and we ended up making out on my couch for like three hours. It was pretty awesome. Unexpected, kind of, but not unwanted.

"You would have come around," I said as my hand moved down between her warm thighs to play with her lower lips, making her moan softly. She lifted her leg for me and let it rest on my thigh so I could find her clit. Her perfect ass kept rubbing up against me, making me a little harder with each pass.