week five: part two

AN: It's a long one, but for all my smutty queens, this is your chapter.

SATURDAY

I looked at myself in Kenny's full length mirror. My mother had decided she wished for all of us to wear all white and nothing in my closet was remotely close to appropriate. Thankfully Kenny was the queen of the Hampton's all white parties and had plenty to spare.

She had lent me a strapless white dress with a peplum bottom. My body filled it more than Kenny's petite frame, and the reminder that the college stress eating had caused me to gain a few pounds took over my mind.

"Lacey, that dress looks so perfect on you! It hugs all your curves just right!" She walked behind me slipping on a simple gold chain around my neck with a small droplet shaped pearl on it, which sat perfectly at the top of my chest and handed me matching pearl earrings.

"Thanks Kenny, hopefully my mom doesn't mind the strapless."

"No, we kept it classy!" She said, slipping another two Bobby pins in the updo she did on my hair, "Are you nervous about them, and the Harry of it all?" She glanced at me in the mirror.

I took a deep breath nodding, "You know how mom is, I mean, look how she still treats you. Harry is so different from what she expects everyone to be. Which I like, a lot, but I don't want her to mess this up."

"You just gotta stay strong like your brother did for me. We got through it, and yes, your mom is, well your mom, but at least she calls me by my name now."

We both laughed and I turned and gave her a small hug, "Thanks Kenny. I'm happy my brother chose you."

She smiled at me and blinked away the tear that wanted to escape her eye. If there was anything Kenny got emotional about, was her relationship with my brother. My mother had not made it easy for them at all. She fought until she realized she would lose Mark if she kept fighting his love for Kenny. I didn't want that. Not because I wasn't as strong as Mark, but because I didn't know if Harry was as strong as Kenny. Based on what Liza had said about him, I just didn't think it to be true.

"Ladies, Harry and Chester just got here, let's head out before we are late please." Mark called out.

Kenny and I took a deep breath, "Ready?" She asked and I nodded.

We headed down the stairs and I looked at my feet as I walked, until we got to the bottom. I looked up at Harry and his eyes were big, I watched as they scanned my body slowly, he swallowed when he suddenly became aware of my brother. He turned to Kenny and smiled, "The future Mrs. Burket looks beautiful tonight."

"Thank you Harry, you look so dapper." She smiled brightly at him.

She wasn't lying either, he really did. His dress shirt was tucked into his white dress pants, and it sat on his body like another layer of skin. Each muscle and tattoo seemed to make an appearance through the material. He had paired it with brown dress shoes and a brown belt.

Chester stepped in front of us and did a spin, in a white white suit and loose white blouse underneath, "And me Kenny, am I dapper?"

Kenny giggled softly and leaned over to kiss Chester's cheek, "Just fabulous Chester."

I couldn't help but roll my eyes as he and Kenny admired each other's outfits. I peeked over at Harry as he made conversation with my brother, his eyes drifting over to me every once in a while.

"Alright well, shall we go?" Mark called out and we all nodded following him down the hall to the exit.

Harry lingered behind, until we were next to each other, speaking so only we could hear, "You look completely, and utterly amazing tonight Lacey."