Chapter 5

(Six weeks back to the past)

Michelangelo was kneeled in front of the Shredder. He wished his last moment wasn't here, he wished he was with his brothers, no matter how much they hated him.

Though he wasn't going to be sliced and diced like he thought he would by the Shredder. Instead the Shredder said he liked something about Michelangelo, the Shredder liked his motive to keep moving! This caught Michelangelo by surprise, for some odd reason Michelangelo smiled. He smiled a big, bright, happiest smile he's even shown. Michelangelo shed a tear of joy from the compliment. He's never received any compliments that held a meaning, yet alone any at all.

The Shredder went silent, he only sat upon his throne, watching the young turtle before him cry. The shredder knew it was a cry of joy, not one of fear or sadness like he's heard many times before. No. This one was different. The turtle before him was different. A smile formed across the Shredders face, even though nobody could see it, didn't mean it wasn't there. This smile was something sinister, Shredder had a plan up his sleeve.

Michelangelo was in a rough situation, but he knew what he had to do.

The Shredder offered the orange masked turtle a lead role, and a new family. The role was to be apart of the foot and train to become their new leader alongside Karai. The Shredder loved his "daughter" having control over the foot but they could use much more improvement. Michelangelo was skeptical, he knew he shouldn't trust the man before him but he felt desperate. He saw it as a chance so he took it. The Shredder gladly arose from his throne, happy of Michelangelo's choice, he'd hate to have to lose a great future solider. He ordered his student, Chris Bradford to show Michelangelo his new living space and a tour of his new home.

----------------------------

Two or so weeks later Michelangelo has learned many traditions and skills of the foot-clan. He knew he was a fast learner and was a great advantage to have such a trait. Even though he's made amazing relationships with some of the soldiers he has a rocky patch with Chris Bradford. Ever since the day he was brought in and showed his new living space Chris acted out rudely towards the younger one. Thankfully he never physically hurt Michelangelo, he only called him such names. Little did Bradford know that Michelangelo was used to it everyday and nothing could make him break, well, not anymore anyways. Michelangelo simply tuned the angry fool out of his head and smiled as if he was having the time of his life. This made Chris Bradford a bit ticked off but he chose to ignore the turtle, realizing he wasn't worth his energy and time.

Though that was a while ago, today however was a training day. Michelangelo was excited for this day. He was finally allowed to train with the foot-clan! He was privately tutored by Karai and/or Shredder, depending if they had missions. Michelangelo knew he could beat them, he has before with his brothers but that was a different way of marital arts. He was taught a whole new way of fighting. Well it wasn't too different but it was definitely something he wasn't used to.

Michelangelo took a deep breath and walked into the training dojo. He slide the doors open and who ever was in the room had now locked eyes with Michelangelo. "Michelangelo-sensei!" The turtle whipped his head in embarrassment and confusion all mixed together in one emotion. He wasn't the foot clans sensei, nor their leader, at least he wasn't told anything. The Shredder then walked into the room, standing behind Michelangelo.

"Ah seems you were early to today's training." Michelangelo only hummed in response. Even though its only been a couple weeks the two were growing with their relationship as father and son, yet they wouldn't admit it. 'Why did they call me their Sensei? Did they think I was you?" Michelangelo spoke, turning only his head backwards, looking at Shredder, waiting for his answer. The Shredder let out a laughing sigh. "No Micheal, I have something to talk with you about."  Curiosity grew stronger within the turtle. "I have officially made you third in command, it is a sign of respect for the name they gave you."  The turtle 'ohh'd' out-loud, not having much to say as he was still processing the news. Then he smiled like the day he was brought in and loved.

"Thank you."

A/N
Sorry for the short/cringy chapter today! I know you were expecting the aftermath of what happen in chapter 4 but don't worry as it's almost the weekend so more chapters! Yayyy. I also lost motivation for this chapter, wanting to give you information but not really have much to say. T-T

Word count: 830

Date: 09/28/22